T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 Update Includes More Adds!

ELavar

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that the Dec. 2016 update to the T-Mobile Note 5 contains adds everywhere on the phone? Yesterday, I noticed a floating SoundCloud add as an overlay on a couple of my apps and this morning, the same add was floating on my home screen! Has anyone else noticed this??

keshav9

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that the Dec. 2016 update to the T-Mobile Note 5 contains adds everywhere on the phone? Yesterday, I noticed a floating SoundCloud add as an overlay on a couple of my apps and this morning, the same add was floating on my home screen! Has anyone else noticed this??

Are you sure that's because of the update? It could be an app from play store that may have downloaded after the update.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Guaranteed it's an app the OP has installed that is causing the ads. You'll have to figure out what recent apps you have installed and uninstall them one by one till the ads are gone.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Nothing here on mine.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is clean too... As mentioned by someone else, there is probably an app installed that is pushing them. Look not only for recently installed apps, but ones that had recent updates (an app

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is clean too... As mentioned by someone else, there is probably an app installed that is pushing them. Look not only for recently installed apps, but ones that had recent updates (an app

Forgot about updates to apps too. Unfortunately, some devs that offer free apps that are supported by ads will end up updating an app and forcing ads on various places within the OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non