Note 7 renders leak out

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The IR blaster is dead. I'm sorry to those who used it and loved it, but the reality is that it was an expensive part that added no significant value to the device for most people. Don't hate me for saying it. It just it. Thats another cut in the shell (that needs effectively sealed), its another piece of hardware, its more programming, a control chip, for a very small percentage of users. When dealing with a company willing to hack things like SD cards and removable batteries (both of which drive accessory sales to them), there is no way they bring back the IR Blaster. The SD card made the cut because it was by far the most complained about item. Even #2, the removable battery, isn't coming back.
I don't think the IR blaster was even used all that much.

I loved to play with it on the HTC One M7, but it was more of a novelty as I just used it to control fans and such with AnyMote, and not very often at that.

I'd love to have it back, but I don't think the number of people using it is high enough to justify that. Oh well, still have the M7, so I'll keep it as a remote when I get the Note.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 5 (gold), and I can't see the notification light at all unless it's blinking. It's hidden behind super-thin, opaque gold.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the IR blaster was even used all that much.

I loved to play with it on the HTC One M7, but it was more of a novelty as I just used it to control fans and such with AnyMote, and not very often at that.

I'd love to have it back, but I don't think the number of people using it is high enough to justify that. Oh well, still have the M7, so I'll keep it as a remote when I get the Note.
I miss the IR blaster so much and I know a lot of people that feel the same way. I know more people who use the IR blaster than people who use the heart rate sensor. Get rid of that and give me back my IR blaster Samsung!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hope they make a note with a flat screen that is large as what they put out with the edge screen so we can have a large battery.
I got a S7E.
Like the size of the battery. But I don't care for the edge screen .I really don't like the edge screen at all.
And I don't use anybody the features on the edge screen.
If Samsung only comes out with a note with a edge screen. I may opt out getting a new note phone .

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I miss the IR blaster so much and I know a lot of people that feel the same way. I know more people who use the IR blaster than people who use the heart rate sensor. Get rid of that and give me back my IR blaster Samsung!
I disabled the health crap on my Note 4. The heart rate sensor NEVER worked consistently enough for use. That's the feature Sammy needs to get rid of.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I disabled the health crap on my Note 4. The heart rate sensor NEVER worked consistently enough for use. That's the feature Sammy needs to get rid of.

I use the steps and when I go running I use the distance thing within S-Health. I never tried the heart sensor since I never cared to really get a reading on that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I use the steps and when I go running I use the distance thing within S-Health. I never tried the heart sensor since I never cared to really get a reading on that.
I think one explanation for the inconsistent reading is the placement of the HRM.

On the S6, Note 5 and S7, it's vertical instead of horizontal like on the S5 and Note 4. I tried one on both the S6 and S7 and they seem to be more accurate. Also, the HRM module on the S7 looks different.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to the release. All my past phones have been white. Where is my white? maybe pink? Decisions decisions
Glad somebody likes white.
I bought 1 white phone cause it was the only one.
Man I was glad to get rid of it.

Hate they don't have th3 new note 7 in Gold.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's 95%. It's much lower. I'd say less than half if we're talking overall numbers including good and bad.

Remember that the negative ones tend to be more vocal.

Posted via the Android Central App
Based on expected two year device retirement cycle, 50% would be great, as long as there is incremental growth as well from non Noters.

My guess is the device should do very well, if priced right..

Napier31778

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Note 3 from the day it released upgrading from my broken Galaxy 3 because the Note 3 was the only Samsung available that day & I HAD to have a phone. Fell in love with the larger size. My son is now 8 and has never even noticed the pen even though he's seen me use it. It's the 1 thing he has never bothered of mine!! 😂😂

Beyond excited about the 7 release <hurry, hurry, hurry!>, because I passed on upgrading to Note 4 as was very little difference from Note 3. Certainly not enough to justify the cost to upgrade. Was signing paperwork for upgrade to Note 5 when salesperson reported back that there was no option for a memory card. Cancelled upgrade immediately & stuck with Note 3 hoping Note 6 would go back to memory cards. When Galaxy 6 were released, waited with baited breath for the Note 6 to follow. I could FINALLY upgrade after years... never happened. So disappointed.... YES, I can't hardly stand it that the 7 will be here, hopefully, in the next few weeks!!!!! 😂😂😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress