Note 7 renders leak out

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, it seems that some official-looking renders for the Note 7 have leaked out by none other than Evan Blass.

CmUHtT5XgAA9qRu (1).jpg

The colors from left to right are Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Blue Coral.

It has been reported by AC earlier.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 shown off in triad of colors in leaked renders | Android Central

What do you guys think of it? Personally, I think the way the Samsung logo looks in the front of the phone is a little weird compared to past Galaxy devices because the earpiece, front camera and iris scanning components are placed closer to the middle of the top bezel, presumably for space reasons, so the branding being a touch lower looks kinda odd to me.

That being said, I personally think that this is a hot-looker. I know some will be disappointed by the lack of a flat-screen variant, but I personally dig the edged display along with the overall design. The Black Onux variant is my personal favorite, like on the S7. If it's all it's shaped up to be on August 2nd, this is my new daily driver.

Again, since this isn't official, it's best to take it with a grain of salt, but it's also worth noting that Evan Blass has a pretty good track record, minus that one huge HTC One M9 blunder.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I notice is no Notification light. Unless the Rumor about it would be around the camera is true.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I love the design including the dual edges ....... and the large size does not intimidate me despite my little hands

I'm hoping to pre-order a Silver Titanium version once I'm able to.

In reading all the negative posts or opinions of the dual edges for the Note 7 it seems as if 95% of the folks will pass on it. I'm OK with this since it'll only make me feel even that much more " special " when I have mines

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
In reading all the negative posts or opinions of the dual edges for the Note 7 it seems as if 95% of the folks will pass on it.

I think most just want the choice just like they gave with the S7. I'm not passing on the device just yet, I'm evaluating for my business purposes, but having edge "features" get in my way when I'm trying to get stuff done will make me can it in a hurry.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In reading all the negative posts or opinions of the dual edges for the Note 7 it seems as if 95% of the folks will pass on it. I'm OK with this since it'll only make me feel even that much more " special " when I have mines
I don't think it's 95%. It's much lower. I'd say less than half if we're talking overall numbers including good and bad.

Remember that the negative ones tend to be more vocal.

Posted via the Android Central App

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I think most just want the choice just like they gave with the S7. I'm not passing on the device just yet, I'm evaluating for my business purposes, but having edge "features" get in my way when I'm trying to get stuff done will make me can it in a hurry.
Understood.

I've never used a S Pen and am excited to have the opportunity with the Note 7. I'm just afraid of eventually losing it when my little boy uses it thinking it's a sword haaaa !!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it's 95%. It's much lower. I'd say less than half if we're talking overall numbers including good and bad.

Remember that the negative ones tend to be more vocal.

Yeah I guess you're right. Options are always good and most probably are upset that they feel forced with just this one option unlike the S7 ??

I guess we'll only see the actual impact sometime later this year once Samsung's sales numbers comes out !?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Understood.

I've never used a S Pen and am excited to have the opportunity with the Note 7. I'm just afraid of eventually losing it when my little boy uses it thinking it's a sword haaaa !!

The Note will let you know if you walk away without the S-Pen. It's a beautiful thing.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I notice is no Notification light. Unless the Rumor about it would be around the camera is true.

No notification light on the front, mind as well just get the iPhone 7. :-\

I was afraid of them doing away with the notification light in favor of another useless gimmick. Let's hope not.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It would get way too confusing for the public with an S7 Edge, Note 7 Edge and regular Note device. I can see why Samsung had to choose. I'm also guessing the Edge variants are selling really well also.

It's the same 10 or so people complaining in every Note thread. Most Edge owners are very happy with their phones.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Love all the colours! Black is always gorgeous and my favourite and usually my choice. I like silver but not if it's too reflective and shiny like the current models. The blue looks fab though and I may get it just to have something different (instead of gold or pink). I'm guessing there will be a white as well...

Also, I hope the display is 5.8" so the "flat" real estate is the same size as the Note 5. Also hoping no glass back but it probably will be.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the S7 edge...to the point that I returned and exchanged for a regular S7. I'm very disappointed about the rumor that only an edge version will be offered for the Note 7 and this will likely keep me from buying. If I thought a case could solve the problems I had with the Edge then perhaps I'd go for it. But I also didn't care for the elongated look of the S7 edge and the note 7 edge looks like it will be the same.

And I can't imagine they would take away the notification light but if they did, that would definitely be a deal breaker, everything else aside (for me anyway).

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It would get way too confusing for the public with an S7 Edge, Note 7 Edge and regular Note device. I can see why Samsung had to choose. I'm also guessing the Edge variants are selling really well also.

It's the same 10 or so people complaining in every Note thread. Most Edge owners are very happy with their phones.

LOL its not confusing. Unless they have problems with their eyes, they can see the difference. When they try an spen with an edged phone, they will tell the difference.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting until August 2nd at the announcement. We will see what rumors are true and what are false. I still feel that this
77de70a90c02cddfb2804a67f420b457.jpg

Will be the Note 7. Although @evleaks have been correct on most of his leaks he has made some mistakes.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I think they made a big mistake by having only an edge version. I have the S7 edge and love it, but the edge features I don't even use. They look cool, but they are style over function IMO.

Note owners, for the most part, want function over form. They should, at least, make a non-edge version to give people options.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa