Verizon pre order question

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I pre ordered the note7 and have never pre ordered anything through Verizon before. I'm a little confused with how my contract would be. When I recieve my note7 and put my sim card and everything in, will my note3 be deactivated and I'll only be charged for the note7 from there on out? And when I recieve the note7, I don't have to make a stop at Verizon correct?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Your note 7 will come with a Sim card already in it. Turn off the old phone and turn the new phone on and follow the activation instructions on the screen... your note 3 sim card will be deactivated and the phone will only work on wifi until you put a working Sim card in it.... if the Sim from the 7 is the same size then you can swap and use either phone....

Edit: no need to stop in Verizon.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Actually I think the Note 3 has a Micro SIM, and the Note 7 uses a Nano SIM. If they are not the same size, you need to either use the new one that comes with it (Nano) or cut down the micro-SIM. It might be easier to just put the new SIM in and activate it online, or over the phone unless you know how to cut down SIMs cleanly ..