question on att next

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is. How much a month for the note 7 do they charge, on 12 month next?

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I was quoted $75.00, I assume the rest of cost would be for plan on phone.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I was quoted $75.00, I assume the rest of cost would be for plan on phone.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

I don't understand what you mean. But the numbers I posted are for both plans respectively. Of course the higher one is less payments and upgrade faster.

Posted via the Android Central App

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Sorry, guess I didn't fully understand your answer.
I have never been on the next plan just trying to figure out pricing a month if I went with one.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

Zello_Police

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
Sorry, guess I didn't fully understand your answer.
I have never been on the next plan just trying to figure out pricing a month if I went with one.

on Samsung Galaxy s5

I was preordering on next earlier today and I got a pop up stating that I was eligible for a 25.00 dollar discount if I bought on a next plan. I figured it was too good to be true to get a note 7 for a mere 4.00 dollars a month!

So I decided to call. The first rep I spoke to said yes! That is a killer deal. Note 7 for 4.00 dollars extra a month on my bill. Then I called again and again. The other 2 reps said that I was already getting the 25.00 dollar discount for smartphone access which is 40 dollars minus 25.00 equals 15.00 dollars per line on the 15 gig or higher plans. Therefore I will not get an additional discount.

My argument was that the access discount and the next discount are two complete different entities. at&t is combining a discount that doesn't exist with a discount that is not disclosed. since I was under the impression that the shared data plan and the access fee per line were not discounted. That is how they market it. until you disect your bill.

Complete BS if you ask me. So beware the next discount and the access discount are basically the same thing. Do not expect to get an additional 25.00 dollar discount per next plan per line.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, it shouldn't be 75.00 every month?

on Samsung Galaxy s5

No. There should only be 3 options with AT&T.
$29.34 for 30 months, $36.67 for 24 and full price $879.99

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

on Samsung Galaxy s5

Yes and no. If your going with their 5GB plan it's $50(plan)+$25(access fee)+monthly phone payment.
So $75 for your plan, plus the phone. So around $100 a month.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So, it shouldn't be 75.00 every month?

on Samsung Galaxy s5

I don't know what the $75 you was quoted for. It could be the plan + phone, plan only. Just don't know the details of the $75 you were quoted. In any event the phone would cost either $29 or $36 if purchased on NEXT and the rest of your coats would be plan. Also you have to pay taxes upfront on the entire device cost no matter which plan you select.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Any advice on which plan is more cost efficient?

At the end it's the same price paid. It all depends on the user and how frequent they want to upgrade on which one makes sense. For next every year you only have to pay 50% of the device cost to be able to trade it back in and get a newer one. For regular next you have to pay 80% of the device cost.

So say for instance you want the note 8. If you're on next every year by this time next year you would have paid 50% ($440) of the note 7 and you can trade that in, break even and start another next plan for the note 8. But for the regular next plan you wouldn't have reached 80% ($704) and not eligible and would be required to pay the amount to get to 80% to trade it back in and break even. So at the end of the day cost efficiency will be relative to how often you want to upgrade. I did the next every year since it's only 7 bucks extra a month.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
At the end it's the same price paid. It all depends on the user and how frequent they want to upgrade on which one makes sense. For next every year you only have to pay 50% of the device cost to be able to trade it back in and get a newer one. For regular next you have to pay 80% of the device cost.

So say for instance you want the note 8. If you're on next every year by this time next year you would have paid 50% ($440) of the note 7 and you can trade that in, break even and start another next plan for the note 8. But for the regular next plan you wouldn't have reached 80% ($704) and not eligible and would be required to pay the amount to get to 80% to trade it back in and break even. So at the end of the day cost efficiency will be relative to how often you want to upgrade. I did the next every year since it's only 7 bucks extra a month.

I did the next 24 so i can upgrade to the note 8. My wife thinks I'm nuts, she don't understand how we think lol.

Zello_Police

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I did the next 24 so i can upgrade to the note 8. My wife thinks I'm nuts, she don't understand how we think lol.

Are you ok with handing over your note 7 after you've paid a nut and get nothing in return but a new 24 month plan for a note 8? I tend to think more like your ol' lady, Rationally.
Hey you may make a ton of money and if you're ok with that more power to you.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I just look at it like I'm leasing it for a year and giving it back to get the newer one. Just like a car... you don't buy a depreciating asset, you lease it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer