Galaxy Note 7 touch sensitivity... too sensitive.

Michelle MacCracken

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got the new Note 7 and I love it but it seems to be ultra sensitive and I keep selecting things I don't mean to select, particularly where I'm holding the edges. I can't find a way to reduce the sensitivity although I know there was an option for this on my note 5.

Secondly, my old hand written S notes didn't come over to the new phone app. Any suggestions for getting those moved over or do I need to rewrite all of those notes?

Thanks so much!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure which phone you came from but the edge screen touching issues are way better than the s7 edge. The s7 edge used to drive me crazy, this not so much and for me the edge screen accidental touches are not happening. Are you using a case? That mitigates some of the issues. Other than that I don't think there is any software setting to control this.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure which phone you came from but the edge screen touching issues are way better than the s7 edge. The s7 edge used to drive me crazy, this not so much and for me the edge screen accidental touches are not happening. Are you using a case? That mitigates some of the issues. Other than that I don't think there is any software setting to control this.

I was VERY worried about the edges on the Note 7 because I had an edge for 24 hours and could.not.stand.it. Constant accidental touches, etc. But it's a very different experience with the Note 7. I do have it in a case...not a very big one but supposedly military grade protection. The biggest accidental press issue I have is hitting the power button all the time. I am coming from the S7 so I guess I just gripped it in a different place so I figure another day or so and I should be good to go.

OP: I used Smart Switch but even so, when I opened S notes they automatically synced once I was logged into my samsung account. I would suggest checking to make sure your account is there and maybe trying to log out and back in again.

Somchai1

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Use the 3 dot menu at top righ and choose settings, and then import data. You can pick the notes tou want to imort or click choose all. Be sure you have the sync with samsung cloud selected.

I just got the new Note 7 and I love it but it seems to be ultra sensitive and I keep selecting things I don't mean to select, particularly where I'm holding the edges. I can't find a way to reduce the sensitivity although I know there was an option for this on my note 5.

Secondly, my old hand written S notes didn't come over to the new phone app. Any suggestions for getting those moved over or do I need to rewrite all of those notes?

Thanks so much!