Flashlight?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I notice there is a flashlight in the settings drawer. Is there any way to add it to my homescreen for faster access? I also see a flashlight app offered in the Galaxy App Store. Has anyone used that one? I've been wary of flashlight apps ever since some of them were found to be acting as spyware once downloaded. I'm looking for a safe flashlight that has an easy toggle widget for my homescreen. Suggestions?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe you have to download a separate app for that. Not sure if you knew but you can rearrange the quick settings to move the flashlight up so it's available on the first swipe. I know it's not ideal for you but at least you'll be able to access it quickly from any screen.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I notice there is a flashlight in the settings drawer. Is there any way to add it to my homescreen for faster access? I also see a flashlight app offered in the Galaxy App Store. Has anyone used that one? I've been wary of flashlight apps ever since some of them were found to be acting as spyware once downloaded. I'm looking for a safe flashlight that has an easy toggle widget for my homescreen. Suggestions?
I used that flashlight app before they put it in the notification bar...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's in your notification drawer as a quick toggle

2694d6283acfe1a9ea56ee63aef99bdc.jpg

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the flashlight apps either, largely for the same reason. I also don't like additional apps to do the same thing equally as well.

I have moved the flashlight switch to the top center position on the drop down notifications menu. It's fairly quick and easy to get to from there.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes the Note 4 had a flashlight as an app. It got moved to the notification drawer on the 5 and sadly on the 7 it's still in the notification drawer.

The 7 though let's you cut up the brightness of the flashlight. At max it's the brightness I've ever seen on a smartphone.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Try Smart Tools. That app has a flashlight widget.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On my Note 5 it is in my notification shade and I can pull that down without unlocking my phone.

Attachments

• 1472372358143.jpg
    1472372358143.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 54

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's in the notification shade.

You can also add it to the edge screen as part of Quick Tools.

Attachments

• 2954.jpg
    2954.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 68

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wish they would have made a widget for it. I usually use tiny flashlight but since it has no way to turn up the brightness, I dont want to use it anymore.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Flashlight apps are often some of the worst apps in terms of privacy and security issues... I'd avoid them like the plague.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Flashlight apps are often some of the worst apps in terms of privacy and security issues... I'd avoid them like the plague.
Yeah. I stick to the ones on the phone.

At least on Marshmallow, you can deny the permissions......if the app is made on that SDK.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Someone in another thread posted about a shortcut maker app, and mentioned how you can make shortcuts to the power changing settings. The same should be able to be done with the flashlight in the quick notification area if you can find out what name or service it goes by...

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
QuickShortcut Maker is the name of the app, however I just took a look and it didn't jump out at me. That's not to say it isn't there...there's a TON of stuff and I just didn't thoroughly read it all.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find it either. If the op wants, they can try to go through each action to find the flashlight.