S Voice replacement / Google Now question

godspeed87

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Some users reported on Reddit that "OK Google" phrase work from lock screen. Can't get it working on mine. Anybody have working solutions on fully replacing S Voice with Google Now and making it work from lock screen(always on display).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Some users reported on Reddit that "OK Google" phrase work from lock screen. Can't get it working on mine. Anybody have working solutions on fully replacing S Voice with Google Now and making it work from lock screen(always on display).

I believe with the Smart lock you can add a trusted voice that is supposed to do that on the Note 5. It is likely the same on the Note 7. I never set it up and tested it on my Note 5.

If that doesn't work, I'll see if someone else can look at their Note 7 and find the settings.

godspeed87

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Yep, trusted voice is enabled in Smart Lock. It works from lock screen - basically whenever you turn the screen on(with power or home button), but it doesn't work when screen is not turned on.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I asked someone that has a Note 7 and it won't work from their lockscreen either.

Did they say on Reddit how they got it to work?

godspeed87

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I asked someone that has a Note 7 and it won't work from their lockscreen either.

Did they say on Reddit how they got it to work?

Actually after trying it for like 50 times I managed it or start from the lockscren! Google icon appeared and it started listening! I though that's it, but I wasn't able to replicate it again... weird

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work from always on display, but works fine once you wake up using the home button or power button. If you have trusted voice on it can unlock and give you the answer. When they mean lock screen it's lock screen not the Always on display screen.

This isn't like moto voice which can listen always.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't work from always on display, but works fine once you wake up using the home button or power button. If you have trusted voice on it can unlock and give you the answer. When they mean lock screen it's lock screen not the Always on display screen.

So true

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Yup - this is how it works for me.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I thought it worked with the AOD but it doesn't. I like Google Now better over any assistant there is. Siri is not that great. S Voice for me is not good at all. Cortana is ok but sometimes slow.

Google Now just works well. Always understands me and best amount of data for searches.

The only one that comes close to accuracy is Alexa. I have one of those and it's great but still somewhat limited when searching.

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I am new to samsung and Android. I just got the Note 7. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this so I can access ok.google from the lock screen? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty