Anti-Virus and Back Up/Restore?

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm somewhat new to Android as I just switched from an iPhone 6s Plus. Okay, not completely new, as this is my fourth Samsung phone, but I just keep switching back and forth.

I'm looking for an anti-virus app and backup/restore app (that includes phone log and SMS) recommendation for my new Note 7.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

Monique

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
1472431604330.jpg

I noticed there's a built in security feature. I've wanted to ask what the lower right icon does on this screen in the apps... I'm scared to activate it unless there's no going back.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Anti virus is not really necessary unless you scour the dirt roads off the information super highway, or install apk files from unknown sources. Having said that, lookout has the backup features you were asking about.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 237589

I noticed there's a built in security feature. I've wanted to ask what the lower right icon does on this screen in the apps... I'm scared to activate it unless there's no going back.

On mine that takes me to Lookout Mobile Security which is in my phone by default from T-mobile. They provide the premium service if your a Jump subscriber.