Anyone who returned their note 7 waiting for the s8

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
With rumours that's the S8 might be coming out for an early release with a pretty decent CPU and gpu upgrade, is anyone who returned their note 7 waiting it out for the release of the S8?

I can honestly say the thought has crossed my mind, but I think that's only because I'm new to the note series and barely got to spend time with my note 7 before returning it. I returned it for a refund as I didn't like the way they were handling the exchange process in Canada and offering a pretty crappt loaner.

I had full intention to go back out and buy it again once it's for sale again in Canada, but I would be lying if I didn't say the S8 rumours didn't sound tempting!

I will say though, after 6 years on the iPhone, the note 7 was the nicest phone I ever owned, and definitely have no interest in keeping my 6s plus!

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Get the Note 7 and keep it till the Note 8 (which will be better than the s8). And the exchange process in Canada was flawless, they said my replacement would be delivered on the 19th and it was, in perfect condition while actually running smoother.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're not a Note user, I could see people waiting for the S8. But, if you are a Note user and have been waiting on this release, no way would you return it and wait for the S8.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
S8 smaller only slightly faster than the Note 7 and still 4-5 months away. That's forever in the tech world. By the time the S8 comes out they will be talking about the Note 8 and within a few months the S8 will be old news...Cycle repeats.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I get new phones once per year and it's typically the new note....the note 8 will be my next phone while I continue to enjoy my replacement note 7

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I usually keep my phones for 2-3 years

This year was the first year I had swapped out my phone after less then a year, which was my iPhone 6s Plus to the note 7. I was a bit dissapointed to learn Canada wasn't getting the exynos version like we did for the s7, was worried it wouldn't be quite as future proof. Most benchmarks showed it to be ahead for most tests.

Like I said, I have had limited time on the note 7 and it was my first note but I was beyond impressed with it. I just hope it's future proof enough for the next couple of years.

I had a hope that Samsung would have bumped up a few of the internal specs for the note 7 over the s7 like they have done before.

I'm sure my feelings will change once the phone is back in my hands again lol

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If I were in charge of Samsung. I would have engineers working hard on the Note 8 and release it as soon as I could. Maybe at MWC 2017?

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I gave my note 7 back to best buy since I paid in full I got it all back, went and picked up a refurbished 64 gb note 5 for 250 on ebay. I work in the international tech field and rumor is the s8 will launch in January and the note 8 might be a July launch which if so I'm good. I loved the note 7 but resale will be shot so I gave it up. I jump phones once every 6 to 8 months

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wait for the S10. Heard it'll make everyone forget about the Note 7 & the S8. ;)

There is always something that is just 3-6 months away in the tech world. When the S8 drops, the rumor mill will be rolling about the Note 8 & the iPhone 8(or their 10th anniversary thing). The relative few Note 7 owners I could see waiting for the S8 would people that are heavy into VR & did not need a Note aside from it was the newest powerhouse out.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep the Note 7 is #1 for me size and speed just fine, I do find my self being more carefull with this phone being all glass, maby I will go swimming with it for some water shots

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I always get the S series and give my kids my Notes. Then I miss my Note until the next one comes out again and the cycle continues. I don't like not having the latest and greatest. I have a tech addiction...

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I've never been tempted by the S series myself. It was last year I was really debating the 6s plus and the note 5. I ended up with the 6s plus but always had second thoughts about it. So a few months later, my wife was due for an upgrade and they had a good promo on the note 5, convinced her to get it.

Ultimately after having the note 5 around this year is what swayed me to jump at the note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I gave my note 7 back to best buy since I paid in full I got it all back, went and picked up a refurbished 64 gb note 5 for 250 on ebay. I work in the international tech field and rumor is the s8 will launch in January and the note 8 might be a July launch which if so I'm good. I loved the note 7 but resale will be shot so I gave it up. I jump phones once every 6 to 8 months

I returned my Note 7 for an Edge right before the government recall became official. I will likely probably get the S8 Edge when it is out. I hope it's sooner though as some are saying. I will likely pick it up, then later in the year end up getting a Note 8 lol. It seems a lot of Note users this year when the S7 edge came out they got rid of their Note 5s and got the Edge, then got Note 7 when it was out.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
With rumours that's the S8 might be coming out for an early release with a pretty decent CPU and gpu upgrade, is anyone who returned their note 7 waiting it out for the release of the S8?

I can honestly say the thought has crossed my mind, but I think that's only because I'm new to the note series and barely got to spend time with my note 7 before returning it. I returned it for a refund as I didn't like the way they were handling the exchange process in Canada and offering a pretty crappt loaner.

I had full intention to go back out and buy it again once it's for sale again in Canada, but I would be lying if I didn't say the S8 rumours didn't sound tempting!

I will say though, after 6 years on the iPhone, the note 7 was the nicest phone I ever owned, and definitely have no interest in keeping my 6s plus!

I was a regular Galaxy S line user until after buying the S5. Sold it and bought the Note 4. I'm still loving it. Can't go back to any S phone after enjoying the S pen and larger screen of the Note series. I'm just waiting for sales to recommence in my country of the Note 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87