Anyone considering returning your replacemnet N7??

uhhh

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Talking to T-Mobile now on returning my replacement Note7. After setting up a clean install and factory reset, Battery seems to drain too fast for just 1 app being installed after compared to my old N7 which had more than 50 apps.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery sucked in my 1st N7 for about the first 4 days. Then improved dramatically, was like night and day....
Received a S7edge loaner and battery was awesome from the gate.
Got my replacement N7 Tuesday and the battery drained like the first N7. Today I'm starting to see that dramatic improvement in battery like the first N7.....
Don't know what that's all about

uhhh

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok done deal..Replacement N7 will be returned. Not going to hold on for the battery to settle in, which it should from the get go. Requested a return label in case t-mobile store will give me a hard time. Waiting next year for the Note8...FIRE along with water resistance, LOL!

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
No, I love this phone more every day. Besides, I'm stuck in a BOGO and I would have to get one of the other Samsung phones.

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same battery issue. This battery is horrible after the replacement. I didn't get to use the replacement before it's awful new UI update so I don't know if it's the hardware. This grace UI nonsense seems to have crippled thing phone. T-Mobile confirmed that there are many reports of the replacements not working properly. Mine doesn't stay connected to T-Mobile's network either. I have the manually reset the connection and restart my phone all day. This has got to be the worst phone ever launched. Biggest botch I've ever seen. Samsung seems to be going in the wrong direction anyway. With all the ios copying and now reports of a proprietary head phone port. I'm gonna check out LG and HTC for now and check back when Note 8 details are announced next year. Maybe that phone can change my mind and not be a flop.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same battery issue. This battery is horrible after the replacement. I didn't get to use the replacement before it's awful new UI update so I don't know if it's the hardware. This grace UI nonsense seems to have crippled thing phone. T-Mobile confirmed that there are many reports of the replacements not working properly. Mine doesn't stay connected to T-Mobile's network either. I have the manually reset the connection and restart my phone all day. This has got to be the worst phone ever launched. Biggest botch I've ever seen. Samsung seems to be going in the wrong direction anyway. With all the ios copying and now reports of a proprietary head phone port. I'm gonna check out LG and HTC for now and check back when Note 8 details are announced next year. Maybe that phone can change my mind and not be a flop.

Try an iPhone! :)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Try an iPhone! :)
0274b6e0fbf87113e3d264fb4f5d79e2.gif

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
so far mine is great (has only been 1 day). gave it a full charge last night (wireless charge) and started using it this morning at 6am, and as of right now 7pm i have 22% left.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, I got mine on the 22nd and the battery life has been pretty bad. Charged it to 85 and 2 hours later, it's at 70. I downloaded a couple of apps, and used the timer for some acupressure "exercises" I do, which take 45 minutes, and checked the weather (it's been 92 here all day) but that still seems a little bad to me. Am I wrong? Also, I can't get the sim tray open to put in my 256 gb card. I can't figure out if it is me, or a defect. Hoping my son-in-law will help me figure that out tonight. If it opens, I may live with the battery. We'll see. The thought of trying to exchange it for another one and deal with Verizon over it, and then have to set it all up yet again, makes me want to cry.Especially since I love the phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So, you got a lemon. Take it back and exchange it. It happens.
I had issues with the reception on my original Note7 as well. I forgot to check it today. Hopefully, I remember tomorrow. There's only one area I'm aware of where I wasn't getting a signal. Not a huge deal since I don't make a lot of calls. But, it's nice to know if something happens, I will have service.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This sucks for the replacements. My S7 edge has been working great though and seems faster and a lot less lag than the Note I had. Of course I'd still rather have the Note but not going through all that BS again. I hope the S8 Edge comes in with a bang! Some are saying sometime in late Jan it will be launched! Hopefully it has a better always on screen and maybe 6gb Ram to make up for the Note 7 debacle.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well my son-in-law did get the sim card tray open. I ain't young, and my eyes and hands are not always working well so I am both grateful and happy. I hope the battery life will get some better.
The connection problems aren't the phone, which connects to my wonky wi-fi better than my LG G3 ever did, and the 4 g is hit or miss. But calls go through fine. Go figure. I am going to stick with this, because there are so many things I love about the phone and nothing else out there I want.
Besides, I was trying to download snotes for windows, 115 mb, and it has so far failed twice because the wi-fi on the laptop is even worse. (but the roku works on it. I will never understand the way these things work).

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My Note replacement has been amazing. I set it up exactly as my original Note 7 and it is great. Used it all day yesterday and today and have more than 6 1/2 hours SOT since it came off the charger yesterday morning.

a00a6d099882cc72958dd10e5f980e86.jpg

ff64156f92fc74f6f9defa7e02065cb0.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There have been reports now with issues of the battery. And Korea is delaying the shipments now
Mine has been working extremely well since day one - I picked it up at my AT&T Store in MA on Sep 19th! Here's a post I did on another thread on September 21st:

"Hi Kids... just got some battery specs to add with the replacement phone. I took it off the charger Monday night (9/19) at 11:30 PM at 100% charge and put it on the kitchen table, woke up to 96% in the morning as I did with the old Note 7 (I think I reported this already). However, this time, I decided I would just run it down and see how long it would run until I was afraid to let it die. Last night (9/20) at 11:30 PM, it was at 31% when I noticed the AT&T software update (green battery icon, etc) so I stayed up and let that run. That dropped it to 21% at 12:10 AM when I went to bed. When I got up at 7:30 AM (9/21), it was at 16% so I threw it on the wireless fast charger - at 9:45 AM, it was back at 100% and ready for another run. I think, especially including the software update, that was pretty darned good! I am HAPPY! 32 hours of me screwing around with my new phone only used 84% of the battery including that software update! :)"