Battery Monitoring app?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I know the Note7 has a built in graph and optimizer for the battery, but I am looking for something more informative.

On my Z10 & Passport there was an app called Battery Guru, and the Passport also had another battery monitoring app built in. Battery Guru, would tell me what apps are using the most juice (the note does have that), but it would also tell you how much power the device it using, what times, what the battery temperature is, how many times the battery has been charged, approximate life of the battery, and a calibrator to fully discharge the battery before a full recharge.

Is there anything like this available in either the Galaxy App store or Play store that people are using?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
GSam Battery Monitor and 3C Battery Monitor Widget both work really well to monitor your battery. :)

This.... I use both.

With GSAM, you'll get the most out of it if you enable the added permissions... it takes a little bit of work since you have to connect your phone so you can run an ADB command (which does not require root). But you get far more detailed stats with the added permissions.

But between the two tools, that should give you everything you want to know.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
252553f2238da5e9439852ea94566bdc.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the input... anyone know what kind of foot print it has on the OS in order to work? Is it heavy or lite?

Thanks!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the input... anyone know what kind of foot print it has on the OS in order to work? Is it heavy or lite?

Both just tabulate system stats, so the resource usage for either 3C or GSAM is pretty much next to nothing.... you might see 3C go up a little bit if you crank up the sampling speed to something like once a second or something silly, but with the defaults, RAM, CPU, etc.. both tools are really light

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Both just tabulate system stats, so the resource usage for either 3C or GSAM is pretty much next to nothing.... you might see 3C go up a little bit if you crank up the sampling speed to something like once a second or something silly, but with the defaults, RAM, CPU, etc.. both tools are really light
Great! Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana