The reason we cry

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The top pic is my Note 7. The bottom pic is my brand new LG V20. If that didn't make you wince, you don't care about your photos. What to do ? What to do? (Besides weep and moan)

b11efe4f15795d2da6e8606568e96247.jpg

Ok that's wrong. For some reason the top one is the v20 and it looks better in this pic than the note 7 but I assure you that's not the case. I can't find the delete button for this post so I'll just add to it.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The note 7 has an adjustment by sliding up and down which can make a difference in quality. So many settings. I just can't seem to give it up. It's so good with pics and video.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd flip the V20 into manual mode and get the photo *I* want, not what the developers programmed into the auto mode.

zsufi

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Note 5 photo us the worst. Note 7 gains from lower f stop but v20 can take the same photo with manual settings. Looking at note 5 photo it really is bad. V20 actually keeps a lot of detail which is good.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd flip the V20 into manual mode and get the photo *I* want, not what the developers programmed into the auto mode.
Yes, that first example was in auto because the controls are way weird compared to what I am accustomed to. However, I do know my way around a mid range DSLR (Canon 70D) in manual mode, so I'm not afraid of manual controls. After my trials with the sunset tonight, I'm convinced I won't be able to keep this phone just because of the camera. I'll keep it 13 days and give it the old college try but having a phone that takes print worthy pics is a priority to me. And this one just doesn't seem to cut the mustard.
I guess even though I wanted to be a rebel and try something new, I'll probably get the samsung s7edge to have the great camera. They've also ported back the always on display so it might suffice. I'm really way more stressed over this dumb phone business than I should be. Lol. But my phone is my life. And photography is a big part of my life so being able to shoot a great pic out in the wild (or on the front porch for that matter) without carrying a 10 lb camera and accessories was a huge deal to me.
I do like a few things about this v20 tho. I dropped it down 2 rows of bleachers at the football game last night and not a scratch on it. The battery is crazy good and I do like the second screen though I wish there was a color change option. The back button fingerprint scanner takes a little getting used to but I do like it. And on-screen buttons vs real ones are an adjustment as well. I'd say if you don't get super serious about your pics, or you only shoot in daylight or artificial lighting, it's a fantastic phone. meanwhile I'm using my Note 7 on straight talk right now. I hope they forget to send me a bomb box. ;)

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It looks as if the Note 7 has the best color recreation of the 3, but the v20 still doesn't look bad IMO. Maybe that's just me trying to convince myself this since the V20 is my current go to replacement once it's on AT&T

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...but having a phone that takes print worthy pics is a priority to me. And this one just doesn't seem to cut the mustard.

To each their own. I'm awaiting my V20 to arrive in a couple days and will reserve final judgement until then, but my current G4 takes fantastic night pics in manual and auto mode. Despite all the negative reviews on the low light/night pics I'm seeing, I find it hard to believe LG really took a huge step backwards in that department.

Then again, I also liked your V20 example pic because of how it captured the logs themselves. Fire has always been tricky for me to photograph.