Note 8.0 and Connectivity Issues

TheBigL76

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, relatively new here, but I'd made an account in an attempt to find assistance in a matter. I've recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy 8.0 Tablet and have been quite pleased with the product so far. No issues, aside from one problem; I cannot seem to gain internet access when on my network. Every other device in my home connects to the internet with no effort whatsoever, but this tablet connects only to the WiFi and that's it. No internet access, nothing. There's no error displayed, aside from the given "No Network Connection" I get from apps. I've gone into my router settings, changed the wifi password (Which was correctly entered), reset that to default again when it didn't work, set up the tablet to use Static IP, reverted back when it didn't work and everything. My router doesn't recognize it as a connected device, even though in the Router's logs, my devices MAC address is attempting to make requests.

It's a bit of a glaring issue and I've already narrowed it down to a problem with my service or a router issue. Any insights would be appreciated though. I'd love to start using this thing, but at the moment I can only doodle in the S Note and mess with settings.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The only router issue I could think of is if you were doing MAC filtering.

But I think you have a bad device. Either take it to a place like Starbucks or a friend's place and try their wifi or return it where you bought it for another one. The thing should still be brand new since you haven't even been able to log into your Google account on the device.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have wps enabled on your router and do not use it, disable it. I had the same issue with my Note 2 and this was the only solution.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Funny, just got my note 8 and I have the same problem. Connects to router and gets an IP but router doesn't even list that IP as a connected device. Running a Xfinity model, not sure which one. WPS is disabled. Rebooted everything and still not online. Connect the Note 8 to my WiFi hotspot and all is good.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well this has me stumped. I have Xfinity/Comcast gateway all in one unit that I did a full factory reset on and still can't get the Note 8 online. Turned all parental controls off, WPS is turned off, set a reservation in DHCP with the MAC of the Note 8 and it gets the correct IP and DNS info and now the Note 8 shows up as a connected device but still nothing. Disabled Wifi security so it's wide open and nothing.

I added another dlink router to the network as it's own separate network and it works fine.

mefoy

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean you added another dlink (consider me computer illiterate) I upgraded my TW cable service my device worked fine before the upgrade now I have this connectivity prob. can I hook up my old router to the new one?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can probably just run a cable out to your old router and plug it in and use it for a wifi connection to the note 8. It sounds like maybe it is an issue with the router that xfinety give people.

I would get all the information on the router and contact Samsung it may be a known issue or it could be something completely unknown to them.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I wonder, is your router in 2.4ghz mode or 5ghz mode. You may need to ensure its in 2.4ghz mode and that you're setup with WPA (gotta have security :)

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

valjohnson54

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I can use the Google search and get a list of sites/items but I cannot connect to them. My connection to my router is "very strong" and I have no issues on my laptop. I have two possible connections, the router and a range extender, but neither connection gets me to a site. I have this issue when I am at my work sites as well. I can't even open Google... it spins and spins and spins and never connects. On most occasions, however, it just takes me back to the google search. Oddly, I can get to my Google drive documents without issue.

kev71h

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This is certainly KILLING ME!!!! My Galaxy note 3 8.0'' connects to everything but my work WiFi. Home fine, starbucks fine, buddies WIFI fine, My hotspot on my cell phone (Galaxy note 2) fine.... WORK>>> PROBLEM!!!!!! see pic!! I just keep getting that message! Please help!!

My Galaxy note 3 8.0'' model # is SGH-1467

Driving me a little nuts.

Kevin

Attachments

• Screenshot galaxy note 8 .png
    Screenshot galaxy note 8 .png
    142.2 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress