Galaxy Note 8.0 - update for n5100?

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Is there any news out there for android update for the 3g model, n5100? I mean an official update.
I don't know what is the update strategy for Samsung, why 3g version is updated later?
Or should I be happy to still use 4.1.2, as there are reports about problems after the update?
I'm mainly interested about the multiuser support. Would be nice to have different config for me and my girlfriend.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the 5100 was the first version of the Note 8 to get the update to 4.2.2. Mine was updated about a month ago. But Samsung chose not to include multiuser support in their update, so even with 4.2.2 you won't have it. Where are you located?

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I see. I am in Europe, Hungary.
But if I go ro Settings/About device/Software update, it says I have all the latest updates installed.

Last edited:

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks!
The kies update procedure sucks, or the result of the update, the new os version itself?

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Kies can be very difficult to work with. As you can see from the forum many people are complaining about the update itself. Personally, I have had no problems with the 4.2.2 update.

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, yes. Many people are complaining here, but its really difficult to make judgment out of this. How many are not complaining? How many not using forums like this.
I will check the kies, thanks

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I've checked the firmware update through Kies. Nothing. It says I have have latest version...

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyone with the same 'issue', or my country is the last on Earth that receives update of the 4.1.2? :) Not that the 4.1.2 is not working, but it worries me a bit that both kies and the device says 'no update available', because then maybe we will not receive any future updates as well...

bobarthur8616

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I live in England, bought the n5100 online
from Hong Hong.
I can't get mine updated from 2.1.2. No matter what I try.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

CMZ_DL

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Im from Toronto Canada, and my wi-fi 16GB model still can't update to 4.2.2. It keeps saying that I already have the latest version. :(

Same here stuck on 4.1.2 nothing ota and definitely nothing through Kies says current firmware not supported...smh

Mamahnita#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure I want to jump into the update seeing that my cousin rooted his did a update that bricked it. I don't know why but I'm content with what I have.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87