2. 8gbs of ram
3. 128gbs of storage and a sd card slot
4. included 50 feet usb-c cable n small adapter
5. premium headphones
6. water an dust resistant to
7. free vr headset and a game
8. factory unlocked
9. 8000 mah battery
10. and this is just wishfull i hope they thro in a super camera thats fantastick an has nightvision

Last edited:

skum1

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
All i wanted is an update note 7

6 / 8gb ram
snapdragon 835
64/128gbs of storage and a sd card slot
remove the home button
Fingerprint scanner / home button built into the black part of the screen

Last edited:

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Alright my dream

6.0 inch screen
Top specs
4200 mah battery
all other stuff is fine, i just want a phone that can go toe to toe with the Mate 9 battery life.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright my dream

6.0 inch screen
Top specs
4200 mah battery
all other stuff is fine, i just want a phone that can go toe to toe with the Mate 9 battery life.

Based on your Avatar, Congratulations on a great series against the Bruins and sincere apologies for the way your Team and Coaches were treated in Boston after Game 6... that is NOT the norm for Boston Fans! You got a bunch of rich kids who could afford those seats close to the ice acting like total fools and making the rest of us look bad!!! Good luck in the next series...

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Dream and dream I'm not to sure what is possible but Samsung do need to really break the barriers after the Note 7 disaster.
I think it would look good if they gave it 8 gigs RAM to align with the Note 8 name, 512 gigs internal memory with possible expansion via memory card for another 512 to make the first Terabyte phone on the market, IR blaster back and also the stereo speakers rumoured plus the premium head phones also rumoured, big as possible battery plus both fast and wireless fast charge, genuine edge2edge display wether QHD or 4K I don't care as 99.9% wont notice the difference anyway, fingerprint scanner in the screen instead of on the back and some serious good cameras both front and rear, rear has to be dual cam to keep up with other high ends coming out, screen size 6.2 or 6.4 depending on what size they can cram it into

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Dream and dream I'm not to sure what is possible but Samsung do need to really break the barriers after the Note 7 disaster.
I think it would look good if they gave it 8 gigs RAM to align with the Note 8 name, 512 gigs internal memory with possible expansion via memory card for another 512 to make the first Terabyte phone on the market, IR blaster back and also the stereo speakers rumoured plus the premium head phones also rumoured, big as possible battery plus both fast and wireless fast charge, genuine edge2edge display wether QHD or 4K I don't care as 99.9% wont notice the difference anyway, fingerprint scanner in the screen instead of on the back and some serious good cameras both front and rear, rear has to be dual cam to keep up with other high ends coming out, screen size 6.2 or 6.4 depending on what size they can cram it into

Dreaming? Sounds pretty damned realistic to me... I'd say you're asking for what should be!!!

Are you listening Samsung? :cool:

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see the Note 8 a little thicker than the S8+ to allow the S-Pen and a larger battery.
Maybe a little camera improvements.

But they better move that damn FPS under the front display.......

Choccy

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Note 8 is deffo gonba have dual camera with x2 zoom.

The new processor will also be included and potentially the 1000fps capture also that Samsung developed (Not the Sony version).

Smaller battery for sure.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Embedded fingerprint reader.

2. 4000mah battery and plus. It doesn't have to be super slim. A truly smart charger that you can leave in all night and it automatically disconnects when 100% charged. Not continuous trickle charging.

3. Dual cameras BUT I have very different ideas on how to do them. 1 camera would be 16MP plus with small pixel size, (like my Galaxy S5 of 1.16 micron), for outdoor shooting. The 2nd would be lower MP with 1.6 plus micron pixel size for awesome indoor shooting.

4. Triple led flash plus xenon flash.

5. Carbon fibre body. Light and tough. Tough glass that the whole phone can take repeated drops and knocks. Tough glass is less harder so supply in box an excellent screen protector.

6. High quality DAC like LG does.

7. 6GB RAM.

8. Like my Galaxy S5 had TouchWiz and easy TouchWiz, is like to see TouchWiz or completely stock Android. So you can switch between the two.

9. The ability to be able to choose like the equivalent of 2 factor authentication by combination of fingerprint and iris scanner for those apps that require super security. For e.g., when logging into PayPal, you can choose to have to press on the embedded fingerprint scanner which automatically brings up the iris scanner. When you pass both, you are in.

Sound good?

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Embedded fingerprint reader.

2. 4000mah battery and plus. It doesn't have to be super slim. A truly smart charger that you can leave in all night and it automatically disconnects when 100% charged. Not continuous trickle charging.

3. Dual cameras BUT I have very different ideas on how to do them. 1 camera would be 16MP plus with small pixel size, (like my Galaxy S5 of 1.16 micron), for outdoor shooting. The 2nd would be lower MP with 1.6 plus micron pixel size for awesome indoor shooting.

4. Triple led flash plus xenon flash.

5. Carbon fibre body. Light and tough. Tough glass that the whole phone can take repeated drops and knocks. Tough glass is less harder so supply in box an excellent screen protector.

6. High quality DAC like LG does.

7. 6GB RAM.

8. Like my Galaxy S5 had TouchWiz and easy TouchWiz, is like to see TouchWiz or completely stock Android. So you can switch between the two.

9. The ability to be able to choose like the equivalent of 2 factor authentication by combination of fingerprint and iris scanner for those apps that require super security. For e.g., when logging into PayPal, you can choose to have to press on the embedded fingerprint scanner which automatically brings up the iris scanner. When you pass both, you are in.

Sound good?

Sounds Great - all of them!

grstatdoc

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see an SD card slot (but would agree with evohicks' 128 gb if no card slot)...not to thrilled about the trend toward sealed batteries...

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
FRe: Note 8: What are your dream specs?

It has to have a removable battery. This is a non starter

With the hopes that Samsung monitors this forum, a REMOVABLE battery. I love my Note 4 & didn't buy a Note 5 or 7 (fortunately) because of the non removable card(5)/battery(5&7). I've worn out several batteries on my 4, let alone the times you get a situation where a charger won't be available & need to carry an extra. When the battery starts going, the camera won't work unless it's plugged in and worse yet, trying to take a picture shuts the phone down no matter how much charge shows and it won't restart until it's plugged in and even the phone itself will shut down with some random charge - As much as 30%. What would I have done if it wasn't REMOVABLE?

If you don't want me to buy a Note 8 either, keep the battery permanently installed & keep losing sales - I know a lot of people that feel the same - It's a deal breaker, at least until my GN4 completely stops working. If I wanted an iPhone, I'd get one.

Other than that, many of the other things mentioned would be nice, but my 2nd biggest wish would be a camera that can take close-up shots. My GN4 sucks.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: FRe: Note 8: What are your dream specs?

With the hopes that Samsung monitors this forum, a REMOVABLE battery. I love my Note 4 & didn't buy a Note 5 or 7 (fortunately) because of the non removable card(5)/battery(5&7). I've worn out several batteries on my 4, let alone the times you get a situation where a charger won't be available & need to carry an extra. When the battery starts going, the camera won't work unless it's plugged in and worse yet, trying to take a picture shuts the phone down no matter how much charge shows and it won't restart until it's plugged in and even the phone itself will shut down with some random charge - As much as 30%. What would I have done if it wasn't REMOVABLE?

If you don't want me to buy a Note 8 either, keep the battery permanently installed & keep losing sales - I know a lot of people that feel the same - It's a deal breaker, at least until my GN4 completely stops working. If I wanted an iPhone, I'd get one.

Other than that, many of the other things mentioned would be nice, but my 2nd biggest wish would be a camera that can take close-up shots. My GN4 sucks.

IMHO, not only doesn't Samsung read these, or any, forums, they also don't give a damn how their customers feel, or what they want. They put out the product that they want, then use slick advertising to get us to want it. Forums such as...Possible Pics, New Renderings, Unofficial specs, etc., don't help matters either. All they do is build up anticipation, which is exactly what Samsung wants. Just imagine what Samsung would do, if the majority of their U.S., and European customers didn't buy the latest and greatest of their new "flagship" phones. Does anyone think that Samsung could survive on just their customers in India, and the Far East? I don't think so.:p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Days of the removable battery are gone.

They're only gone because people have been lured into believing that they must have, at all costs, a water-resistant or water-proof phone. I can't count the number of phones that i've owned, and i've never dropped one, whether it was in water or on the ground. The phone manufacturers say that water-proof means a sealed case, therefore no replaceable battery. Once again, the general public has been snookered into buying this garbage. How about this, for a change....Don't buy the phone, and tell them why.:p

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They're only gone because people have been lured into believing that they must have, at all costs, a water-resistant or water-proof phone. I can't count the number of phones that i've owned, and i've never dropped one, whether it was in water or on the ground. The phone manufacturers say that water-proof means a sealed case, therefore no replaceable battery. Once again, the general public has been snookered into buying this garbage. How about this, for a change....Don't buy the phone, and tell them why.:p
Samsung told me, as are not coming back with a removable battery. The plus size phones last all day.
Now the S8+ will charge enough on 15 minutes house for about 2 hrs.
Call them.