<crickets>

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It's so quiet in this forum. Too quiet.

While there is constant chateau on the Note 4 forum, not so here. It's this a sign that they're is not going to be very much interest in the Note Edge, whenever it comes out?

I would have expected more chatter than this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That is probably the case. The Note 4 is still Samsung's flagship, and most people will be looking at that as opposed to the Edge. Probably has a bit to do with the fact that it's the first device with that type of display.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If they would announce a release date and price on it as well as if they were going to be doing a similar promo as the note 4 promo then there might be more interest. I was considering a note edge but lack of release date and price is holding me back especially if it is more expensive non contract over the note 4 and if they will not be doing the 200 promo like the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If they would announce a release date and price on it as well as if they were going to be doing a similar promo as the note 4 promo then there might be more interest. I was considering a note edge but lack of release date and price is holding me back especially if it is more expensive non contract over the note 4 and if they will not be doing the 200 promo like the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly.

That's why I ordered my Note 4 last night. I was very curious about the Note Edge but given all the silence from Samsung about it, I'm skeptical about it being much more than a "test the waters" kind of device.

If Samsung wants the Note Edge to be successful and taken seriously with a big following of enthusiastic users, it should have been following alongside all the Note 4 hype and display units at Best Buy since day one - just like Apple did with their two new phones.

Something tells me that Samsung is not fully believing in the Note Edge and is taking precautions, too many precautions.

Maybe there will be a Note Edge 2 for me in two years.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The phone is going to be limited edition phone and will cost more than the Note 4 and not appeal to everyone. I got to chance to play with the phone at Best Buy, and it will be my next phone. I'm not in no hurry, and my note 3 can hold me over until the phone is released. One of the features I like is the quick panel app to jump to apps quickly without having to hit the home button. The video below show two panels of quick apps and that is something I will make use of plus you have all the features of the Note 4.

Last edited:

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
true that this forum is basically dead slow compare to the Note 4. Also true that there is really nothing wrong with the Note 4. It's a beautiful device. I may still get one if Samsung messes up the delivery of the Edge.

I guess for those of us who are in no hurry, the Edge is worth the wait. Also the fewer of us owning it the more unique the phone will be when you whip it out.

mobilerules

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the reason the US hasn't gotten any release info yet (under the pre register button).

"THIS DEVICE HAS NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED AS REQUIRED BY THE RULES OF THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION.THIS DEVICE IS NOT, AND MAY NOT BE, OFFERED FOR SALE OR LEASE, OR SOLD OR LEASED, UNTIL AUTHORIZATION IS OBTAINED."

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am curious on the note edge but I will wait until it is proven. I have the note 4 ordered currently and I want to see trusted and real world reviews on the edge before I take the plunge. I also want to see how Samsung supports the edge. I await eagerly to see your reviews on here.

tbocfo

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I was all in for the Edge, until Samsung became hush about it and said it will have limited availability. It should have taken the stage at IFA but it seems Samsung has some issues with it, possible manufacturing trouble? Not sure what's up but I think Samsung screwed up on its release. I ordered the Note 4 I wanted the Edge though.

Posted via Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I was all in for the Edge, until Samsung became hush about it and said it will have limited availability. It should have taken the stage at IFA but it seems Samsung has some issues with it, possible manufacturing trouble? Not sure what's up but I think Samsung screwed up on its release. I ordered the Note 4 I wanted the Edge though.

Edge aint gonna work for you if you're in a hurry pilgrim! :) with the iPhone 6+ being out, our Note phones are no longer unique nor large looking. The Edge is going to fix that!

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
With no U.S. release date and no new news, what is there to talk about other then wishing it was available?

I am happy with my rooted and fully tweaked Galaxy S3 until this comes out. Hopefully it will be sometime this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress