Hello Samsung Galaxy Note Edge...Goodbye Nokia 920

Bradley 916

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Greetings!
So, after being a WP phone owner for many years, I decided to make the jump over to the Note Edge and I am very impressed thus far. I debated over the Nokia 1520 for several weeks, going in and out of my local AT&T store to molest both display models.

On my last trip, a customer explained to me that he's been through several device repairs/replacements for touchscreen/sensitivity issues. So, I hit up the WPC and Nokia forums to find that several folks are having the issue. Then, I witness it for myself on two 1520's the sales rep showed me that had been returned.

Are you a dropper? I drop things...a lot. I've dropped my 920 too many times to remember and have been lucky enough for it to survive due to it's case. With that being said, the UAG case was ordered and expected to ship today.

I will be happily spending my hours at work today messing around with the phone.

:cool:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! Make sure you come back and leave us your feedback on how you like the Edge. It's such a 'weird' phone but so intriguing. Personally I didn't like the feel of the curved edge when holding it (felt like it would slip from my clumsy hands) but your experience might be different. We'd all like to hear what you've got to say :)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Greetings!
So, after being a WP phone owner for many years, I decided to make the jump over to the Note Edge and I am very impressed thus far. I debated over the Nokia 1520 for several weeks, going in and out of my local AT&T store to molest both display models.

On my last trip, a customer explained to me that he's been through several device repairs/replacements for touchscreen/sensitivity issues. So, I hit up the WPC and Nokia forums to find that several folks are having the issue. Then, I witness it for myself on two 1520's the sales rep showed me that had been returned.

Are you a dropper? I drop things...a lot. I've dropped my 920 too many times to remember and have been lucky enough for it to survive due to it's case. With that being said, the UAG case was ordered and expected to ship today.

I will be happily spending my hours at work today messing around with the phone.

:cool:

Congratulations!

If you have any questions or need advice on any of the features just ask.

By purchasing the Note Edge you, like so many of us, have not only an amazing device with top end specs, but a unique user experience that makes multitasking, switching between apps, and viewing notifications so natural and fluid.

It needs a few tweeks here and there, but coming from someone who has owned all Note phones 1, 2, 3, and 4 (the 4 is collecting dust right now), I can honestly tell you this is the best one yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bradley 916

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Day 2 w/ Samsung Note Edge -
Case has shipped and is expected to hit my door on Monday.

People want to hold and touch my phone and I don't like that. They reach out like i'm supposed to just hand it over for them to molest. I tell them no and explain that it has no case for protection.

I like the way the phone feels in my right hand, easily accessing the edge shortcuts (I'm left handed). I can still easily use my right thumb to navigate across the screen. Due to it's larger size compared to my 920, I thought I would have reach issues.

Being able to customize the home screen using the widgets is cool.

There's several applications(bloatware) that I'd like to uninstall but it seems I can't do so. Or am I missing something?
So far, I have been able to find and install all the applications I want or had used on my 920 with the exception of the proprietary MS apps/games.
Just like with my 920, I am very careful as to what apps I install. I've been told that there are way more rogue apps in the Google store compared to that of MS store. I am going to miss having MS Office at my disposal like on the 920.

At work, I carry an iPad and use an ink pen stylus all the time and find myself just using the pen styles instead of using the S pen.

...more to come! :mad:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 w/ Samsung Note Edge -
Case has shipped and is expected to hit my door on Monday.

People want to hold and touch my phone and I don't like that. They reach out like i'm supposed to just hand it over for them to molest. I tell them no and explain that it has no case for protection.

I like the way the phone feels in my right hand, easily accessing the edge shortcuts (I'm left handed). I can still easily use my right thumb to navigate across the screen. Due to it's larger size compared to my 920, I thought I would have reach issues.

Being able to customize the home screen using the widgets is cool.

There's several applications(bloatware) that I'd like to uninstall but it seems I can't do so. Or am I missing something?
So far, I have been able to find and install all the applications I want or had used on my 920 with the exception of the proprietary MS apps/games.
Just like with my 920, I am very careful as to what apps I install. I've been told that there are way more rogue apps in the Google store compared to that of MS store. I am going to miss having MS Office at my disposal like on the 920.

At work, I carry an iPad and use an ink pen stylus all the time and find myself just using the pen styles instead of using the S pen.

...more to come! :mad:

You can disable some of the apps from the app draw, and would have to root the phone in order to remove the carrier ones. I just disable the carrier and Samsung apps I don't use.

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Same with me. I was on WP for many years, no regret but lack of new devices this year forced me to check other options and Note 4 was no brainer. Awesome devixe.

-Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yea without even realizing it, I cradle the phone in my right hand and can do everything I need to with little effort. Good choice and congratulations. Also you CAN'T go wrong with the UAG case. I have dropped my phone twice already and the UAG did it's job thank goodness!!

Posted via the Android Central App