Verizon Note Edge Thread

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I love edge. And as i rule i never root company phones but this is ridiculous. the note 4 had this update 3 moths ago theres NO reason why we dont had the same update. Its crazy.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not freaking out over the tardiness of the update. My thought process is always this; When it gets here, it gets here! As long as it doesn't bork the phone. I just got my phone 2 weeks ago, and I got an update the day I took the phone home (must have been the update that squashed some bugs and prepped the phone for the eventual Lollipop update). I am just enjoying the heck out of this beast of a phone. Still glad I got this phone over the Note 4 and even though they are essentially the same phone, this one has that extra oomph that I like; it's different. This phone will bring me years of use.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not freaking out over the tardiness of the update. My thought process is always this; When it gets here, it gets here! As long as it doesn't bork the phone. I just got my phone 2 weeks ago, and I got an update the day I took the phone home (must have been the update that squashed some bugs and prepped the phone for the eventual Lollipop update). I am just enjoying the heck out of this beast of a phone. Still glad I got this phone over the Note 4 and even though they are essentially the same phone, this one has that extra oomph that I like; it's different. This phone will bring me years of use.

Yeah.. Just a bit frustrating that Verizon does this nearly every time, but who am I to complain, if I wanted fast updates I should've gotten a moto x or something ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to better Bluetooth connectivity and to hopefully kill the lag this phone experience over the Note 4. Otherwise it's a great phone with a lot of life left in it.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

How is your battery life?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
How is your battery life?

Since I've been conditioning the battery, I've been getting a solid range of 18-22 hrs. Yesterday I was able to get almost 2 days out of it. (1d, 21h, 45sec) So the battery life is really dependable for me. Much more so than my old Galaxy S III.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App. And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Since I've been conditioning the battery, I've been getting a solid range of 18-22 hrs. Yesterday I was able to get almost 2 days out of it. (1d, 21h, 45sec) So the battery life is really dependable for me. Much more so than my old Galaxy S III.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App. And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

How do you "condition" your battery? I've heard multiple different methods :) mine usually lasts 12 hours maybe..? But I'm a rather heavy user

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you "condition" your battery? I've heard multiple different methods :) mine usually lasts 12 hours maybe..? But I'm a rather heavy user

For me, just use the phone as normal and drain the battery until you get it to about 3-5%, then charge it to full. I do that everyday and the battery life usually will increase some. It works on brand new batteries the best. Of course, as the age of the battery increases, you'll get less juice from the battery. But I've been doing that years.

Last edited:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Doing well! Great phone!

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I really must have to say thank you to Verizon now I've cracked the screen on my phone because they don't have the lollipop update so it runs too damn hot...

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I really must have to say thank you to Verizon now I've cracked the screen on my phone because they don't have the lollipop update so it runs too damn hot...

How did you crack the screen? The heat from the phone cracked the screen?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I pulled it from the holster and it was real hot, i dropped it, it barely hit the ground and chipped under the home button.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You may have an app running in the background that is heating up the phone or too many apps syncing at the same time. That might be what is heating it up. What have you done to keep it cool?