Verizon Note Edge Thread

mclovin01

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Did you try a factory reset? When I installed the update I did a factory reset then installed it, and then did another reset and haven't had any problems with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Did you try a factory reset? When I installed the update I did a factory reset then installed it, and then did another rest and haven't had any problems with it.

Hoping not to have to factory reset but I'll try it when I have my laptop handy.. Tries wiping the cache a few times and it helped, battery has been kinda iffy though, probably FR will help as well

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
you guys make life difficult for yourselves. I didn't have to touch my phone to get the update. It was already ready to install. It installed OK and I haven't had any issues. it doesn't seem like other people have had issues either, or we would have heard by now.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
you guys make life difficult for yourselves. I didn't have to touch my phone to get the update. It was already ready to install. It installed OK and I haven't had any issues. it doesn't seem like other people have had issues either, or we would have heard by now.

Besides random repetitive reboots for no apparent reason....

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried again and I just get the dead android with exclamation point and it only says error. Any suggestions? I have in no way tried to modify anything

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
are you guys getting the battery full icon on the top left side? Since update, battery reaches 100%, but there is no notification nor an icon to confirm.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried again and I just get the dead android with exclamation point and it only says error. Any suggestions? I have in no way tried to modify anything

hopefully you fixed your issue. typically a full restart before update may work. also it's good if you're connected to good WiFi, instead of 4G. Just a thought.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Did a factory reset, almost everything is good, super backup will only restore 5630 of my texts.... All from earlier this year or before. Any ideas?

And I haven't gotten the battery full icon either.. :/

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Did a factory reset, almost everything is good, super backup will only restore 5630 of my texts.... All from earlier this year or before. Any ideas?

And I haven't gotten the battery full icon either.. :/

I get an alert its full but no notification

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The 5.0.1 like almost all updates is such a let down. The phone and its functionality is basically exactly the same except for minor and rather inperceptible differences. Granted I understand that pure Android Nexus phones show a great deal more difference on the new update.

One thing I have noticed is one of my apps the outlook.com push notification is running better.

This is why I never get excited about updates, also they are forgotten 1 hour after the update happens anyway. :)

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The 5.0.1 like almost all updates is such a let down. The phone and its functionality is basically exactly the same except for minor and rather inperceptible differences. Granted I understand that pure Android Nexus phones show a great deal more difference on the new update.

One thing I have noticed is one of my apps the outlook.com push notification is running better.

This is why I never get excited about updates, also they are forgotten 1 hour after the update happens anyway. :)

I agree.. Got excited for almost nothing (except *slightly* new animations, those have kinda worn off by now)

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem is TouchWiz. Google can update the interface, but it won't have real effect, since it can't update TouchWiz. That's why Nexus phones show the most visual changes.

So, what animations? I see that the lock screen has notification. I think that's cool, but before when you went to lock screen you could have seen notification icons pile up on the top left bar, now it just shows Verizon Wireless there and then stacks the notification in the middle of the screen.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The problem is TouchWiz. Google can update the interface, but it won't have real effect, since it can't update TouchWiz. That's why Nexus phones show the most visual changes.

So, what animations? I see that the lock screen has notification. I think that's cool, but before when you went to lock screen you could have seen notification icons pile up on the top left bar, now it just shows Verizon Wireless there and then stacks the notification in the middle of the screen.

Unfortunately true... Wish there was a root that didn't trip Knox... Then I'd have cm on here in no time

Notifications, colored status bar, little things like that. Not much lol. Wish the lock screen was more nexus-like

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The update won't work on my phone, I just keep getting a dead android and error then reboot. So I took it to the Verizon store and they couldn't do anything so they're sending me a new phone. I didn't want to risk bricking it using the Verizon update assistant.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop Upgrade: Definitive answer

I'm not feeling the lollipop love for the Note Edge based on what I've been reading thus I've been reluctant to update.
I'm temped to keep denying the update until 5.1 comes out for (Most likely Christmas for us folks). :)
The funny thing is I'm one of the ones that don't like the camera buttons on the edge (like with kit kat) so that's one change I'd enjoy.
Other than that I'm actually enjoying the edge the way it is. Can't afford to lose battery life though as I rarely make it through a day without recharging or changing batteries.

Also if a factory reset after taking the update solves all the issues mentioned (especially shortened battery life) I'd have no problem updating, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

So basically I'd like to know...

Is the Lollipop upgrade worth it to you?
And if so why or why not?
Also would you go back to Kit Kat if you could?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel