Recent apps lag

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
So because the recent app screen has more intensive graphics and its annoying that it takes and extra second to come up than the basic ics button did. But that function is supposed to be pure function, that defeats the purpose. I figured ok use the recent apps edge but it puts them on the end it needs to put them closed to the top.

Do you find it takes a second longer than you would like?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a Carrier version of the phone? I've seen the same on the Note 4 (the lag on the multitasking menu) but that's only on T-Mobile's version. I saw an AT&T one and a non-carrier one, and they don't have the issue. I also remember playing with a non-carrier version of the Edge once and I don't recall seeing a multitasking lag at all.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was having a major lag issue when I was texting. If I use the swype method it was all good but, when I typed it was horrible. I then started to experience some major lag in other areas. I am not sure if it was Nova Launcher that I was using or the Note edge in general.

I went into setting and went to storage. I waited for the data to populate showing amount of data used in the different categories and then clicked on Cache and deleted all that stuff. That seemed to help and the lag seemed to improve.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a lot of issues with Nova and Samsung tablets in the past, so it might be that... (on the Tab S, Nova almost killed my battery by half compared to TouchWiz!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs