Lollipop question

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am in Singapore and just received the update for Lollipop for the Note Edge - but haven't installed it, as I may lose the edge functionality that I like. Can anyone who has installed Lollipop let me know the following?

- when you get a new message (SMS/whatsapp/etc) does this pop up on the screen or the edge? I am used to using the phone and have full screen apps running, a message comes in on the edge, I can see it, but don't have to do anything with it, and can just continue in the app.

- same with phone calls.. running full screen apps, get a phone call, can choose to answer or not, but it has no effect on the app running.

- audio controls for music are still on the edge?

- anything else I should be worried about?

Thanks for your help in advance.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only function that I have noticed that is different is the camera shutter button. That is no longer in the edge panel but I don't mind that at all. Don't know how many pictures I've had to delete because I accidentally hit that dumb button.

Everything else you asked about still works as it did under KitKat.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The only function that I have noticed that is different is the camera shutter button. That is no longer in the edge panel but I don't mind that at all. Don't know how many pictures I've had to delete because I accidentally hit that dumb button.

Everything else you asked about still works as it did under KitKat.

Exactly. I deleted a ton for the same reason and find Lollipop to be smoother, faster, and more sleek than KitKat.

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all.. i went and upgraded.. so far so good.. although i feel battery may be running out a little quicker.. will have to monitor it more though..may just be the new os bedding down..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress