Battery Drain Help???

anon(8811430)

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Little background. I just recently switched from iPhone and came across the note edge. I knew it was on the older side but the phone really appealed to me. So anyway fast forward to a few days later I have my new note edge and literally the battery lasts about three hours. And I have no idea why. I have tried a couple of things such as a factory wipe and reset, starting in safe mode,and I bought a new battery (although it's not here yet so I haven't really tried it yet) One last note is that it currently doesn't have a sim card as I am waiting for the correct size from VZ.

It is also running a bit warm. So any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-16-18-52-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-16-18-52-33.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 10

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Fully charge the device, then let it go to 30%. Find battery in settings, to should be able to see what's using the battery there. If nothing seems abnormal, your battery has probably reached its useful life.
Put the new one in and see how long it goes...
If that plays up top, come back and tell us so we can troubleshoot with you.
Welcome to the forums!

anon(8811430)

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Well I sent that note edge back. It turns out it had been modified and I had not been made aware of that. I just got my new edge yesterday and while the battery life is still short. It is hands down better than the first edge I had.

Thanks for your help!

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's due to the latest update but my Note Edge has been draining pretty quickly lately as well. Initially I thought it was just because the 3rd party battery I had in it was getting old and I also quick charge it a lot. But now after seeing a few threads on the forums about it, I'm guessing it may be something to do with the last update.

The drain is fairly rapid. It currently won't make it half a day without a charge.

I purchased a new battery on Amazon the other day, I guess I'll know pretty soon whether it's the battery or not.