Memory Usage

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called Clean Sweep that monitors memory use. Apparently my tablet uses 1.4 gigabytes of memory for overhead out of the 3 gigabytes of ram with all apps closed. Does that make sense since most of the tablets out there have only 2 gigs of ram? That would leave the with only one half gigabit for running apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called Clean Sweep that monitors memory use. Apparently my tablet uses 1.4 gigabytes of memory for overhead out of the 3 gigabytes of ram with all apps closed. Does that make sense since most of the tablets out there have only 2 gigs of ram? That would leave the with only one half gigabit for running apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Keep in mind that Android, unlike Windows, likes to have RAM full. Apps load quicker that way. Android will also self manage applications. It will kill an app that has been dormant longer for an app that you open.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Also when apps initially load they use more ram to initialize. I don't worry about it my ram, android does a good job of managing it. It sees what apps you run most often and will keep them loaded most of the time to save time.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Also when apps initially load they use more ram to initialize. I don't worry about it my ram, android does a good job of managing it. It sees what apps you run most often and will keep them loaded most of the time to save time.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

So do you guys suggest uninstalling apps like clean sweep?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I keep clean sweep installed to assist in cleaning cache. I turn off it's notifications and don't use the ram cleaning function of it. To reduce RAM usage I do use Greenify on my rooted devices (I root all of my devices).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non