unwanted notification repeating

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have an annoying default notification sound repeat every 5-10 minutes? When you check the pull down, there is no notification. Lol, it just did it as I was typing. I set the default to silent to get rid of the sound, but that's not a fix. Did it before the update, and still does it as well. I am currently not rooted.

Thanks

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a notice about an email that keeps showing up. I can only get a quick glance at it before it disappears. Just enough to see that it is, at the minimum, a scam or at worst an attempt to insert a virus.

Posted via Android Central App

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
No. But I wet to my providers Web site and logged into my account. It was still on their server. I deleted it WITHOUT opening it!

Posted via Android Central App

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like some program is marking it as Spam and moving it. Check your spam or junk folder.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Datagirlx3

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else have an annoying default notification sound repeat every 5-10 minutes? When you check the pull down, there is no notification. Lol, it just did it as I was typing. I set the default to silent to get rid of the sound, but that's not a fix. Did it before the update, and still does it as well. I am currently not rooted.

Thanks

Datagirlx3

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes! Just got mine this week and same thing! Very annoying! Did you ever figure it out? Further, I remember answering "yes"to having notifications repeated every ten minutes-Stupidly- And now I regret it but can't find where to undo this setting. Help, please....

Elaine N Michael

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes! Just got mine this week and same thing! Very annoying! Did you ever figure it out? Further, I remember answering "yes"to having notifications repeated every ten minutes-Stupidly- And now I regret it but can't find where to undo this setting. Help, please....

Hi.. have u yet figured out on how to get rid of that annoying notification sound? Had reset my unit but it was no help at all.. just lost my records from my downloaded games.. :( i often have that sound though no emails nor messages are receive.. HELP!

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen if all radios are off? First thing is isolating the source. Turn off WiFi, bluetooth and phone. Use your NP with apps not needing connections for an hour, even a day or till the notification returns (if it returns). Next is to either kill or stop all non-system apps. If that works, add back one app at a time to see which one is the culprit. If all else fails try a live chat with Samsung tech support. They're pretty good.

Apologies if you've tried this all already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non