Changing Icon Size

J Boyd

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I just want you to know that l am loving my new tablet. However, there are a few things I would like to customize. I have figured out how to make my keyboard smaller. Can everyone help me to change the size of my icons? And I would love to get rid of new "Magazine Home Screen".

Thanks Guys, J

JB Note PRO

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try a new launcher like Apex or Nova by searching for them in the Play Store. There are others as well.

Custom launchers have advanced features that will allow you to change the grid size and icon size to show more icons on your home screens.

Personally I like Nova a little better because of its advanced handling of widgets.

Once you go to a custom launcher and set it as the default launcher you will no longer see the magazine home screens.

hawkeye680

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Long time Nova Prime user here. Can't figure out how to get the icons in the app drawer to be smaller- anybody know what I could be missing?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Works well on all my devices (Nexus 4 phone, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Note 12.2).

Fully customizable so size of the screen isn't an issue.

What I love about Nova is gesture support and the ability to not only place widgets at the nearest half increment of grid size but also the ability to remove widget padding and scale the widgets. Widgets can be placed right up against each other or even overlapped if desired. This allows greater flexibility of setting up home screens than the stock launcher provides.

Of course not all widgets are made to scale up so they'll display fine at their native sizes but may not scale up to larger ones. This is hit or miss here (mostly hit for the widgets I use) but it is something to note. The issue isn't a showstopper since the reality is the same behavior would exist for some widgets in any launcher as it's a factor of how the application developer programmed the widget rather than a function of the launcher itself.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does Nova give you the ability to change the look of an icon.

Absolutely. Simply search the play store for icon packs. You can long press icons on home screens (not in the app drawer) and customize each individually as well. In addition you can assign a gesture (swipe up) on any icon on your home screens to do an action or launch another application. For example I set my texting application icon to start a direct text to my wife if I swipe up on it, otherwise if I tap the icon it just launches the texting app.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch