Office 365

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Office 365 on a notepro 12.2? Been looking at microsoft website but they are not clear about which tablets are compatible.

Al London

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as it's on web, most modern browsers are compatible.

There is still no version of MS Office for Android Tablets. It is supposed to come out this year, but no official announcement other than a very closed beta a couple of months ago has come out.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the options that come with the note pro? Personally I have not run into having to have true MS Office. I do still have a desktop and office on it and the tablet is not fully replaced it. So I have the option to get to office when I need it

Posted via Android Central App

aslondon

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have and I have been using the Kingsoft app with good success, just something comforting about MS office. I tried the Hancom app and when I sent an .xls file to a colleague it gave her a blue screen on her computer so I'm a little gun shy.

Al

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Just got through with a chat with a MS Tech person about using Office 365 on our tablet. She said it won't work. They also have a whole page that shows what devices Office 365 will work on but ours is not listed.

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Not so, I found this article and downloaded MyAppSharer and installed it on my old GNex, then installed the office apk on that phone...used the sharer to upload the apk to dropbox, put it on my Note 4(it worked on my Note 3, but I had already traded it in) and Note Tab 4

Here's the article, and if you have no way to retrieve the apk, message me and I'll send you the zip file, Cyn
How To Install Microsoft Office Mobile on Unsupported Android Tablets

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I sure would like to see someone try it on our 12.2 Note tablet to see if it really works as advertized. Also seems to have a limitation of not being able to save any documents to the device or ext card. However, I would still use it for some documents if it works. But it sure is a good start and hopefully it will get better. I read somewhere that MS is trying to create a android version of office. Thanks 'cynindesign' for that info.