Reverse syncing From S23 to Outlook

migs_inc

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the S23 Ultra and a MacBook Pro on which I use Outlook from Office 365. If I change or enter a contact on my computer, it eventually syncs with my phone. However, if I change or enter a new contact on my phone, it does not reverse sync to Outlook 365 or my Mac. Calendar entries sync both ways and rather quickly and the Sync setting in Outlook on Android seem to be properly set. This is not unique to the S23, it used to happen with my S10.

Any idea how to rectify this annoying glitch?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are your contacts set to sync properly? When you create/edit a contact, have you ensured it is a contact being saved to the Outlook account (and not the Google one or locally to your device)? Have you waited 24h and see if the edit 'sticks' on the server side? (If the latter, then there may be something about sync interval settings or something).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung contacts app to do this?

If so, when you add a new contact, look at the top above the image circle. There should be whatever the default account name is up there with a drop-down arrow to the right.

Make sure you are saving to the right account. There will be several: your Samsung account, Google (if you have a Google account attached to the phone), Phone (which is local storage and not synced anywhere), and whatever exchange-based email accounts you have - including the Outlook accounts. Make sure the Outlook account is the one selected.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej