Offline Word, Excel Use

Jayhawk

Apr 3, 2023
Visit site
Hive mind...I'm contemplating buying a Galaxy Tab S8 or S8+ to replace my HP x11 2 Chromebook, because I need offline access to Microsoft Word & Excel, and on ChromeOS you're forced into the online only versions. I had offline access years back when I had a 10.1" Lenovo tablet, but then Microsoft killed free access to the apps for screens 10'+ and I didn't have a Microsoft 365 account at the time (I do have a Microsoft 365 account now). I'm curious if you can use Microsoft Word and Excel offline via either individual apps or the "new" Office app on the larger Samsung tablets. I've googled like mad, and I can't find anything online about offline use of these apps, which is key for me...and I need Word and Excel not Google Docs.

Thanks,
Eric

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can, just like on a phone. On the Tab, however, they're optimized for DeX as well, so it feels a little more like on a PC (but it's still a mobile version, so expect very similar experiences to the web version of Office).

Reactions: Jayhawk

Jayhawk

Apr 3, 2023
Visit site
That's really good to know. I like my chromebook, but I'll be traveling a lot in areas without wifi (or where I'm too cheap to pay for it in a plane) so having offline access like on my phone, but on the larger screen with a keyboard, will be superb.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe