Is it possible to mirror two Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2's?

djp246

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm thinking of getting two Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2's for work and would like one to mirror the other so that I can give one to clients to show them stuff on their own tablet in meetings.

Is this possible to do and relatively straightforward?

Also, if it is possible, by what means is this done - is the mirroring via wifi or bluetooth or something else? Does there need to be a wifi connection or any other infrastructure or would the tabs communicate directly?

Thanks if you can help or point me in the right direction for any more info on this. I have tried Googling but can only find instructions to mirror TV/phone to tab or vice versa and just wanted to check this before getting my tablets.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
If you are using one tablet and the other person using another tablet you can try SideSync. Download from Play store or Samsung store. I use it to connect my Note4 phone to my tablet to do client presentations. I have the presentation on my phone and SideSync displays my phone screen on my tablet. It is connected via WiFi. It works quite well. It's free so give it a try. It may already be installed on the tablet. Make sure you get latest updates to version 4.0

Posted via Android Central App

djp246

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, fatyank.

Sounds good. I will check it out.

Do the devices connect directly together via wifi or do they need to both be connected to a wireless network? So for example, if they were used somewhere without a wireless network would screen sharing/mirroring still work?

Thanks again.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know you need to have a WiFi network available or they won't "see" each other. I tried connecting with Bluetooth and got my phone and tablet to connect but couldn't get SideSync to work that way. I remember seeing somewhere that you could use SideSync with bluetooth but no luck so far.
Play with it a bit and you'll find out how to put one screen (clients tablet) in presentation mode and use landscape view.

djp246

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Only worry would be if using out of the office (eg. client's office/home) if they have no Wifi then the setup won't work. Would have thought it should be possible without with the devices connected to a network but I guess nowadays most people have wifi.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
What you described is what e-Meeting was designed for. It also works Wi-Fi direct so you don't need to be connected to a network.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
BarryH_GEG do you have much experience with e-meeting ? I've looked at the app but never used it. It would be great for small training sessions at my office. Do the participants needed to have android devices and e-meeting app installed on their device?

djp246

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
E-meeting does look like a good answer to do what I need. Being able to use wifi directly is a real benefit.

Does this come pre-installed on the Note Pro as I can't see it in the Play Store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38