Fixing Battery Connector Problem

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Beut has made it quite clear in a number of threads that anything having to do with battery charge on the 12.2 is likely the solder joints on the battery connector. The solder joints having cracks. It sounds like an easy fix for someone that has the equipment, but difficult for the rest of us.

To date has anyone had their 12.2 solder joints repaired (re-soldered)? If there are some out there that have had this problem fixed by re-soldering can you give the rest of us some info about what kind of place did the repair. If it was an authorized Samsung repair facility could you share contact info? And what did you have to tell them to have this repair done correctly?

I have been all around the Philly area and haven't found anyone that does fine soldering.

Thanks

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Didn't Beut say he would fix it for you. I seem to remember reading it in one of his posts. I think he also said no guarantees and you would pay postage both ways. Maybe you could send him a private message.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't Beut say he would fix it for you. I seem to remember reading it in one of his posts. I think he also said no guarantees and you would pay postage both ways. Maybe you could send him a private message.

Yup, I did reach out to him but can't remember getting a reply.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
guys, this is an important thread. I have a 3 year old Note Pro, the battery doesn't perform below 70% and drains fast. I contacted Samsung, they gave me a local number, I called the number and they said they don't fix tablets. That place gave me a number in PA, called those a few times never heard back nor anyone ever picked up the phone. My local VZW store gave a local repair shop, called those and they said they can't work on Note Pro!!!!

So, I love my tablet and yes I can pick up a new tablet, but love to be able to make it run on battery again.

Planning to order a battery from Amazon and not sure ultimately if it will solve my issue.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5723431

Any thoughts?

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
guys, this is an important thread. I have a 3 year old Note Pro, the battery doesn't perform below 70% and drains fast. I contacted Samsung, they gave me a local number, I called the number and they said they don't fix tablets. That place gave me a number in PA, called those a few times never heard back nor anyone ever picked up the phone. My local VZW store gave a local repair shop, called those and they said they can't work on Note Pro!!!!

So, I love my tablet and yes I can pick up a new tablet, but love to be able to make it run on battery again.

Planning to order a battery from Amazon and not sure ultimately if it will solve my issue.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5728473

Any thoughts?

Given the issues discussed in this forum IMHO the battery will not necessarily fix the problem. Beut has been insistent that it is a cracked solder joint(s) where the battery charging connector plugs into the MB and that seems perfectly reasonable. I hoped we would have gotten numerous replies from people having the soldering fixed. In looking on YouTube there are no how-to videos on re-soldering those joints. One showed how the owner actually soldered the six wires from the connector directly to the MB. Seemed a bit drastic, but it worked. There's likely a ton of 12.2's sitting in drawers right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo