Note 5 alternatives?

MrMorgado

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I am a Note 4 owner, and like everyone of us, always looking forward to upgrade to the new generation/model, but since I can see that many of us have the same doubt about upgrading or not (due to many different reason's, but mainly because of the battery and SD card issue) just wanted to know, what alternatives are you guys considering???

Ron Fleming

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
None, really. Even against the newer phones I've seen so far, I'd still rather have my Note 4.

The combination of a Wacom stylus and MicroSD / removable battery is pretty much unbeatable, ESPECIALLY for folks like me who use their phone as their primary computing device outside of the office/home. I work with a lot of spreadsheets in my business, and I have yet to find a better phone to work with them than the Note 4.

The Note 5 could have been an incredible device, but I think Samsung lost touch with what made that phone special ... it was a great BUSINESS-centric device. But they got so lusty over the iPhone that they tried to out-Apple Apple, which is a losing strategy to begin with, but also in doing so have alienated a lot of their core fanbase.

With prices approaching what I could get a new Macbook Air for, I just can't see what the strategy was for this device ... it's LESS functional than the Note 4 in many ways that matter to power users, and so for right now, the best strategy is to keep the phone you have, or get one at the now reduced prices if you don't yet have the Note 4.

darkesco

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm really sad about the Note 5. I am a Note 3 user looking to upgrade. As a big fan of VR, I have played with VR apps and even devolved an app for google cardboard. Having about 160GB means I can try lots of big apps. I don't see how I can do that with only 64GB. I also have a limited 15GB monthly plan and can't deal with cloud transfers. I'm not even sure how you run an app from the cloud or how fast it would stream. I assume you'd have to download the entire app every time. Unfortunately, I REALLY want to use gear VR, but I can't justify buying a Note 5. My guess, is I might buy a Note 4, but a really hope another manufacturer comes out with a cool VR headset. HTC was working on one for Steam, maybe they will have a phone version. As a long-term Android advocate, it felt odd discouraging my Apple junkie friend out of purchasing the Note 5. I said something to the effect of: "Just stick with iPhone, Samsung is trying to be Apple anyway by [ Insert known reasons why Note 5 is a problem]. You might as well go with the original." VR is my life, but at some point as a consumer, you have to take a stand. Are there others like me, or should I just carry around a usb harddrive with my note 5 (if that's even an option)?

Posted via the Android Central App