Samsung Galaxy Note - Won't boot in Recovery Mode. What can I do?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Note - Won't boot in Recovery Mode.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note that is having some issues. I wanted to boot in recovery mode to clear cache (format if needed), but the phone won't boot in recovery mode.

Once closed, I press and hold Power-Volume Up-Home Button. Phone makes it to the Note logo, but after that, black screen and phone vibrates every 2 seconds. Will keep vibrating until I let go of everything. Phone then reboot.

When phone reboots, it will boot normally or have the same problem if I try Recovery again. So, phone will boot normally, but not in Recovery. There is NO custom ROM installed. Any solutions if I want to factory reset the device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify, this is an original Note, and not a Note 2 or later version? And not one of the 10.1" Note tablets?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
With my galaxy phones, if you hold those buttons down and once the phone vibrates (telling you that it's turned on), you let go the power button BUT NOT the other two.. that should bring you the recovery mode.

YaMonJo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey B. Diddy,
Yes, it is the original Note phone, not the tablets.

Tim
I will try that. Just to be sure, the Home button on the Note is the one on the nav? I'm also used to Galaxy S series and that's why I'm confused about the original Note Recovery Mode.