Help me upgrade!

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the original CAPTIVATE(AT & T) 15 months now....its a pretty good phone. It kept shutting down in the beginning once in while but once I installed Captivate stay alive it NEVER shut down since. I never upgraded the phone so it has the original 1.5(I think thats what came with it) I am itching for a 4G phone I have looked at the CAPTIVATE ii(GALAXY II) and the skyrocket....I am leaning towards the skyrocket because of the screen size, larger print etc...plus its damn fast...I am staying with AT & T, been with them for 12 years...never had any issues.....rarely drop calls...all is good.....which phone is better??? pro's..cons.....?
I really would love one with a good browser....never got the browser that came with the phone to work right...and chrome will not work with the phone I have.....thoughts??? are very much appreciated:-*

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would look at the Galaxy Note launching soon, or the Skyrocket HD( basically same phone with better screen) , also expected soon. My Skyrocket is nice, but I wouldn't buy one now with better phones available...
5.3 inch hd screen on Note is ridiculous!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would look at the Galaxy Note launching soon, or the Skyrocket HD( basically same phone with better screen) , also expected soon. My Skyrocket is nice, but I wouldn't buy one now with better phones available...
5.3 inch hd screen on Note is ridiculous!

I agree with this person. Galaxy Note is coming out on the 19th, I'd wait and check that out. I'm getting a Skyrocket on Saturday, traded my iPhone 4S for it, but I will only have it until the Note comes out. I'll sell the Skyrocket and buy the Note.

Look into the Skyrocket HD if you really want a Skyrocket. The 720p screen alone would make me pass on the original Skyrocket.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Skyrocket from the Captivate. Since I wanted LTE with ATT it was and is perfect fit. I would look at the Note. The screen size is wonderful and from the reviews not too big to carry and use. But the size will be a personal thing. I would try it out first
Not sure if the Skyrocket HD is compatible with ATT LTE.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Skyrocket from the Captivate. Since I wanted LTE with ATT it was and is perfect fit. I would look at the Note. The screen size is wonderful and from the reviews not too big to carry and use. But the size will be a personal thing. I would try it out first
Not sure if the Skyrocket HD is compatible with ATT LTE.

Are you even getting TRUE LTE or are you getting HSDPA+? Your location is Colorado so I would say since AT&T has no LTE coverage there yet, you are getting HSDPA+, not LTE. The Note is capable of using HSDPA+ for 4G like speeds. Unless you live in a city that has LTE, then it's probably not a requirement to have a LTE phone.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Outside of the screen, the specs are the same, and it has LTE of course. If you're in a non-LTE area, you'll have HSPA+ speeds until it deploys there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38