I am SO in LOVE with this phone

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Every time I visit the AT & T store I have "play" with this phone. I just love the look, the 4G, the HUGE font!..cannot wait to upgrade fro my Capitvate to the Skyrocket. They have ways to TRANSFER all of the stuff, right? On my Captivate if you SAVE your contact to your sim, it does not show up on your CONTACTS LIST, so I saved almost my entire phone book to "the phone" I know my pics etc are all on my 8G card..but when you upgrade they do have devices to get all the old stuff onto the new phone. I have upgraded alot...but NEVER had a phone that held as much STUFF as my captivate. I did "play" with the SAMSUNG note....it is amazing but way too big for my hands.....It just doesn't fit for me....I'd be so afraid of it slipping out of my grip...and due to its size its hard to text and hold the phone...so unless AT & T comes out with something else by JULY, its the skyrocket for me..................:-*

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You should backup your contacts with your Google account. That way if you get a new phone all your contacts will be synced to it automatically. July is a ways off, I'm pretty sure there will be better phones to choose from by then. Don't get me wrong though, the Skyrocket is an awesome device.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
How do I back up my contacts via google email. thanks. buffee;)

I've never actually tried it since my contacts were already in google when I bought the phone, but in the contacts section when you pull up the menu, there is a "sync contacts" and "merge with google" option. I think one of those will do it.

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am already sync'd, it appears to only save the email address. I found if I just go thru my contact list on the phone and I can add them to the sim card indiviually. I will do a few each day...its better then writing them all down....I tried conacting my phone to my pac with usb and it doesn't do anything. Motorola was good about that with phone tools you could SAVE it all on line......oh well at least I will have copied my entire phone book over to the sim by JULY!(LOL):)

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They had some refurb skyrockets for either $9.99 or $19.99 on their site the other day. Refurbs come & go as they have stock, so maybe watch for that. They may let you upgrade a little early as they always want people to be under their thumb, errr I mean under contract.

penmakerar1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
You can export your contacts to your micro sd card, then when you get your new phone, put you micro sd card in and import the file to your new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty