Official ICS for Skyrocket

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've been doing a ton of research online to find an acurrate date of when ics will be released and honestly I don't think we will get it until mid July. Why would at&t release a new update to a phone that can somewhat compete with the s3. That's just stupid marketing. I can guarantee you that the update has been available in a stable format for weeks. At&t is.just trying to milk out as much.money from its customers. I would place a bet that it will be around mid July and honestly NO PHONE besides maybe the nexus series has received and update on time. Think about it I have has 5 android devices 4 of them were updated months late. This is something Apple does right. They release stable and on time updates while android releases unstable,laggy and outdated updates. It almost makes me want a phone that runs ios5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Apples updates are never stable, they are always glitchy and usually cause problems for many phones, that is why they often follow up an update with another update weeks later. Apples updates are only designed for their newest phones in mind, when i had my 3g the more i updated it the worst it ran, and same with my 3gs.

Software Guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Apples updates are never stable, they are always glitchy and usually cause problems for many phones, that is why they often follow up an update with another update weeks later. Apples updates are only designed for their newest phones in mind, when i had my 3g the more i updated it the worst it ran, and same with my 3gs.

I don't hate Apple but yeah, the releases are best done on a fresh wiped phone, that goes pretty much for any manufacturer. Wipe, update, restore apps from backup. I had a lot of issues on my wife's 4 with updates until I wiped it clean.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just hope it runs stable and battery can last me more than 10 hours with light to moderate use. Currently average 7-8 hrs with minimal use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG SKYROCKET Using Android Central Forums.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anybody heard any news about an update or have any idea when we will get it?

feelinfroggy23

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had an update a couple days ago but it went away and when i ttried to update again it said no update check back later. I heard that at&t release the update for the s2 but shut it down due to some errors. So we should be next in line very close being the gs2. I mean, we better be. Lol. Probably within a week we will hear news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but with the original s2 having so many problems getting the update it may take a while. Truthfully even when the update does come out I will wait a week and see if there are to many problems, if so I will be happy to stick to perfectly smooth gingerbread

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the 4.0.4 UCLE2 build on my phone and it works great. Most apps have already updated to work with it. On LTE network it flies

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I got excited this morning thinking I could update only to realize that the SII gets it before the Skyrocket... what BS is this!?!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
No the original did get the official update today but its over kies and updating it over your computer can sometimes be a hassle. I'm willing to wait to have an update ota sometime around mid july

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Listen gingerbread is a GREAT version of OS and truthfully I want at&t to get this upgrade right maybe they will release the phone with the new touchwiz.... who knows?

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
But if the kies is not capable of doing updates for the skyrocket, then at&t is set to do an update thru them. Has anyone else had a problem registering theirs on sammy's site or kies like i have?

ozziedog

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Well my skyrocket is running 2.3.6 and I get the following message when connected to Kies: "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies". I just tried it, when it had 2.3.5 I didn't get that message.

EWTech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You may want to make sure you have the most recent version of Kies. The version I have for Windows is 2.3 something. Very recent - just before the update. The prior version wouldn't even run, never mind update my phone. 2.0 version or so of Kies never did much if I could get it to run at all.

I did get the update on my older S2 phone. The Skyrocket should roll out in a week or so. Smooths the thing out nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Kies on my PC yesterday and it didn't even recognize my phone. But it allowed me to do other things, just not check for firmware updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch