Android 4.0.4 for the Skyrocket available via Kies?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks like some folks are pulling down Android 4.0.4 along with a Kies update that makes Kies work on the Skyrocket.. See here as well as here. Anyone got it yet, if so how is it running?

VeganRyan

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When I opened the Kies desktop software, I was offered a Kies software update. After updating, the program restarted and I was immediately notified of a firmware upgrade for my Skyrocket.

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's installing now... I'll let you know how it goes...

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I will instal the new kies and then after it boots back up it asks me to install the new version over again happened 3 times already

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm which version you end up with after the update?

I am running the latest leak, here is my info.
Versoin 4.0.4
Baseband I727UCLF5
Kernel 3.0.8
Build IMM76D.UCLF5

Just want to see if I should force this update to my phone or not.

Thanks!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm which version you end up with after the update?

I am running the latest leak, here is my info.
Versoin 4.0.4
Baseband I727UCLF5
Kernel 3.0.8
Build IMM76D.UCLF5

Just want to see if I should force this update to my phone or not.

Thanks!

I gladly will after I install my update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: brytonic

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Sawweeet! Finally. Hopefully it will be bug free. Someone needs to confirm that there are no crazy battery bugs or anything (wife has a SGSII).

misterbiscuit

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade in progress. Kies calls it "PDA:LF6 / PHONE:LF6 / CSC:LF6 (ATT)".

kies1.png

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Sawweeet! Finally. Hopefully it will be bug free. Someone needs to confirm that there are no crazy battery bugs or anything (wife has a SGSII).

I am curious to hear back on exactly which build it is. I am running the one I mentioned just above your post... UCLF5.

What I can say about that personally (I know others have had some issue) is that the phone has NEVER worked better than it does now. I think the 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 had deep sleep issues as my battery life was horrible. I was able to go from 6:00AM to 10:45PM and then it beeped at the 15% mark and told me to charge.. prior to that I would have been lucky to get to 4 or 5 PM. That is my specific usage but all that I have to go on, it is so much better.

BTW Kies shows my device at... PDA:LF5 / Phone:LF5 / CSC:LF5 (ATT)

Last edited:

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried this on three different Windows 7 64-bit machines. On two of the machines, I ran Kies and got the update. I plugged my phone into USB and still it won't connect. On the third machine, I completely uninstalled the Samsung drivers and Kies and rebooted. Then I re-installed Kies. It came up and ran and prompted me to install the update. After I installed the update, when I go to run Kies, it comes up briefly as a task, but never displays a window, and then exits. I don't know what is happening.

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hehe, I am just going to have Kies "emergency update" my phone. So it will blow it out..again... but I have the setup process down now. 8)

I'll post back with how my move from leak #3 (UCLF5) to the official UCLF6 goes. I want to be stock as can be. I can tell you how I went about it if you are in the same boat as me.. Flashed the leak but want to go stock.

It is flashing LF6 now! 8)