Video MMS Crappy

tmm0f5

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Been using the SGSII since launch day and its a fantastic phone. The only thing I don't really care for is the MMS. Whenever I send a video (or photo) over MMS, they look like crap on my wife's SGSII. It sends the video as 176x144 video with terrible compression. It is barely even watchable on the other phone. It also compresses the heck out of photos.

My palm pre did a remarkably better job at this. Any thoughts? Anyone else try this out?

Thanks,
Tim

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using Handcent from the Market? It's pretty easy to send an mms and it's resized before sending. I don't send on the Handcent network because it's glitchy for me, but just a normal send and the pic comes across fine.

tmm0f5

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll check it out. I tried Go SMS Pro and it was just as bad. I don't know what the Palm Pre did, but it sure did it so well.

-Tim

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the issue is with the native messaging app but, when my pics were coming through as a default slide show even though there was only one pic, I decided to try and fix it. Handcent did the trick for me and it's free:) You can go to settings to set the video size limits and other things. It really does work well for me. Let us know how it goes. I hope it works for you.:)

<edit> By the way, if you're on AT&T, visit the ATT S2 forum in here. You might find it even more helpful because it's specific to the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress