From iPhone XS to S10+, Samsung/Android has finally arrived.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
While this may be true, I wonder how many customers care. I’m using my XS Max today and the display doesn’t leave me wanting any better. I may be the exception but I’m more than pleased with the XS Max’ display. If I weren’t also an S10+ owner I would not be drawn to the HDR+ that it has. They both offer displays that are arguably better than most need.
Going from my xs max to my s10 plus the clarity is night and day difference. The s10 is much sharper when you look at high resolution photos and videos than the iPhone. And I was amazed at the difference.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Going from my xs max to my s10 plus the clarity is night and day difference. The s10 is much sharper when you look at high resolution photos and videos than the iPhone. And I was amazed at the difference.

I agree with you. Even though the XS has a Samsung OLED display, Samsung's S10 display is much much more crispy. Videos look so much better too. I don't find it comparable

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I’ll have to test this out this evening. Again, not saying the S10+ screen isn’t superior (because, come on, it SHOULD be), I’m just wondering how many regular folks care about any difference. Again, the XS Max’ display is quite good. If I was solely an iPhone user I wouldn’t consider jumping ship for the S10+ display but perhaps some would.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
One upside to the Samsung panel developed for Apple is the color is near flawlessly calibrated, not trying to continue The who’s panel is better debate because let’s be honest at this price point they all better be amazing, just playing devils advocate.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
@cornettbr

I have to agree with Notefan161 with this one...how on earth do you think that Apple devices aren’t overpriced compared to Android (or in this case, Samsung!) ? Why pay $100/200 more for a device that doesn’t have a headphone hack, reverse fast wireless charging, in-screen fingerprint scanner IN ADDITION to (2D) facial recognition?

I’ve used both Android and Apple mobiles in the past...and where as a few years ago you could say that Apple was ahead of Android, it’s now the complete opposite. Apple have grown complacent and are overcharging consumers.

And Android phones are now more or less as good when it comes to integration of features in my experience...as long as you have common sense and aren’t a ‘sheeple’ then it’s dead easy.

An example of Apple falling behind and overcharging is this:

Apple users who have shelled out more than $1000 for phones that are already overpriced and behind Android rival flagships from Huawei and Samsung then discover that in order make the most of basic features such as fast charging they needed to get an additional charger and cable for more money.

That is just simply ridiculous. And Android devices don’t have as much bloatware as you think they do...iPhones have done similar things in the past where they forced you to install GarageBand and you couldn’t delete it...

Last edited:

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Also when it comes to design Samsung is ahead in my humble opinion...the bezels were and still are much thinner than iPhones (e.g S8 vs iPhone 7, S10 vs iPhone XS) and there was no hideous notch.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
@cronettbr

I have to agree with Notefan161 with this one...how on earth do you think that Apple devices aren’t overpriced compared to Android (or in this case, Samsung!) ? Why pay $100/200 more for a device that doesn’t have a headphone hack, reverse fast wireless charging, in-screen fingerprint scanner IN ADDITION to (2D) facial recognition?

I’ve used both Android and Apple mobiles in the past...and where as a few years ago you could say that Apple was ahead of Android, it’s now the complete opposite. Apple have grown complacent and are overcharging consumers.

And Android phones are now more or less as good when it comes to integration of features in my experience...as long as you have common sense and aren’t a ‘sheeple’ then it’s dead easy.

An example of Apple falling behind and overcharging is this:

Apple users who have shelled out more than $1000 for phones that are already overpriced and behind Android rival flagships from Huawei and Samsung then discover that in order make the most of basic features such as fast charging they needed to get an additional charger and cable for more money.

That is just simply ridiculous. And Android devices don’t have as much bloatware as you think they do...iPhones have done similar things in the past where they forced you to install GarageBand and you couldn’t delete it...

IMO after using both the in screen FPS and FaceID, FaceID is without a doubt superior (for me). I would say the in screen FPS took on average 5-6 taps to work if it did at all for me without having to swipe a pattern in. FaceID only doesn’t work if I’m holding my phone at a weird angle. Also for me the headphone jack and reverse wireless charging would never be used. It’s just not a feature that I really cared about. I have wireless headphones and really the battery life on the S10+ was enough to get me through the workday but I had to put it on a charger when I got home. I don’t have any devices that would benefit from the reverse wireless charging.

I will admit Samsung has gotten better at feature integration but it’s still not at apples level when you consider FaceTime, iMessages or Airdrop. It’s just not quite there yet. Close but not quite.

The bloatware that came on my ATT version of the S10+ was absolutely egregious. There was the whole suite of Samsung apps, Google apps and preinstalled ATT apps that defaults to preload a bunch of junk games on your phone. I had to go through my grandpas phone and delete / disable a bunch of stuff during the set up. I’ve never seen that on any iPhone other than Apples own apps which are minimal in my opinion.

They are both great phones, the build qualities are quite similar. You can knock the notch all you want but look how many manufacturers followed suit. The pinhole camera is much better than the notch but I don’t find the notch to be hideous or anything it’s just there. I’m not knocking Samsung, but to say that iPhones are way over priced I still have to say it’s a stretch, would I like if they knocked 1-200 off the price, absolutely. I definitely don’t think I got ripped off or overpaid for either device though.

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Use shareit app to transfer full size image. Though to send to iPhone you need to do couple of extra steps. In case of android its seamless. Only downside is advertisements on the app. So I make sure I exit out of app after every transfer .

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
What areas do Apple need to catch up on? Seriously... is there some glaring function on their phones that they don’t have that Samsung does? Okay they don’t have split screen or picture in picture. Personally I never even used those features on my note, if you use them all the time than it’s valid that the iPhone isn’t for you. If you want to state some features that iOS has that android doesn’t we can break it down for you because that ship sails both ways.

I’d venture to guess you haven’t even owned an iPhone in the past 5-7 years the layout has been a lot different since 2012-2013, they are realistically and without prejudice as good as an android phone these days. Once again you’re talking to someone who currently owns an iPhone and is running a pixel for a work phone and has a S10+ being shipped out next week.

Okay I’ll give you that I don’t have statistical data to back up that the vast majority of android users aren’t super into customizing, I have, observed anecdotal evidence from talking to people about their phones. Informal yes but I’ve yet to meet hardly anyone outside of the IT industry that even knows half the stuff their phone can do. That includes iPhone users.

I am from India. Here iPhone xs max costs around 1580$ for base version where as s10 plus is around 980. I rest my case.
Still as user of both I will share my few cents
1. Max is built like tank dropped twice nothing happened yet may be I am just lucky.
2. I like photos from iPhone slightly better.
3. Many apps still feel better on iOS. Games are much better to play on non curved screen iPhone.

Idc about any imessages or other app. Most of my friends are on WhatsApp or Duo anyways. Freaking bored of the interface

S10 over iPhone.

1. Price atleast outside of US
2. Customizable to one's own choice
3. Picture in picture mode or true multi tasking.
4. Wide angle lens
5. Fast charging out of box.
6. Always on display.
7. Ability to record calls which is very important to me .
8. I use torrents sometimes and I can use that on any android which is what I like .
9. Headphone Jack and memory card slot when you need it .

Last edited:

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My wife always complains that his iPhone XS is slow when surf, but my S10+ doesn't feel that way.

Other aspects they are almost the same, but I feel the speed of internet my S10 Plus is better.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Features that Samsungs have that iPhones don’t:

1. Reverse wireless charging

2. Faster wireless charging and fast charging out of the box (the 5V charger that currently comes with iPhones is pathetic)

3. Ultra-wide angle cameras or dual aperture lens

5. Expandable storage or a headphone jack

6. Samsung cloud offers 15 GB of free storage compared to a measly 5 GB on iCloud.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
My S10+ is so much more than a phone. I sit here typing on a physical keyboard using a mouse as my phone is on the DeX Station as I'm using it for my desktop experience while connected to a 27" monitor. This phone is working better than my work provided Dell laptop with 8GB of ram and a core M7 processor. It's my gaming device, camera, and video recorder that I use at my daughter's sporting events with a gimbal. This phone does so much, and the improved battery keeps me going into the wee hours of the night. Plus, I get the benefit of taking it to the water parks here in Orlando and take both photos and videos of my daughter in the wave pool and fast river (both normally and submerged). And now, we have the bonus feature of being able to wirelessly charge other devices? Icing on the cake.

It's just an amazing device with so many bonus features that I couldn't take advantage of on an iPhone.

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I think both manufacturers doing well and in delivering what customers after, android from day one was fully customizable from just looks to custom roms ect so attracted people that did like to tinker, iPhone stuck with same look interface and I can understand that, my wife is not brand snob but when she get use to something is very hard for her to change, hmm maybe that's why she still with me , she was die hard iPhone user until moved to android but now she wont even consider going back to iOS but again is not about that Samsung or other devices running android are better she is just use to this platform again. I personally owned iPhone 3/4s/6/6s then stopped, Samsung s3/s5/s7/s8, now what I liked about the older iPhones was repair price cost if you smashed your screen, my daughter has 6s and I wont get her never phone purely on screen cost repair, she came back few weeks ago and had a cracked screen £17 in UK for replacement didn't even blink a eye lid, I know is old phone but still runs great,now I know newer iPhones you cant get away with this but still I can understand why so many older iPhones hold value even broken ones.
But if you asked me would I buy iPhone or Samsung for £1000 my answer would be Samsung as I think you get lot more bang for your money and I think that's why there is lot more of users moving to Samsung.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Totally agree. Apparently Apple is going for the same iPhone product layout this year (flagship, big screen flagship and cheaper flagship/premium). Looks like it was either too late for them to make a cheaper phone or they didn’t listen, which is kinda dumb.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The reason why I think people like Android Especially Samsung Galaxy Phone is
1) always on display.
2) theme store
3) SD card for pic and video.
4) change different launcher, icon packs
5) cheaper price. Can get Bargain after few months on eBay for example.
6) more easy to get pirate stuff illegal copies, like ebooks, movies, games,
I’m not saying you should do that, but I heard people saying the reason why they like Android.

7) side load APk files, alternative Google Play store,
8) more freedom

To reason to get iPhone iOS
1) more privacy
2) better quality app,
3) better for games
4) Ecosystem, if you have Apple Watch, MacBook, iPad, AirPods all work together perfectly
5) less viruses, more safe.
6) better resale value. Can resale on eBay for higher price
7) 5 or 6 years of updates
8) faster updates.
9) better customer support
10) can still use google apps and syncing on iOS iPhone. chrome bookmarks, history from windows PC to iOS,
Android to iOS google apps sync so no problem there.

Last edited:

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
The reason why I think people like Android Especially Samsung Galaxy Phone is
1) always on display.
2) theme store
3) SD card for pic and video.
4) change different launcher, icon packs
5) cheaper price. Can get Bargain after few months on eBay for example.
6) more easy to get pirate stuff illegal copies, like ebooks, movies, games,
I’m not saying you should do that, but I heard people saying the reason why they like Android.

7) side load APk files, alternative Google Play store,
8) more freedom

To reason to get iPhone iOS
1) more privacy
2) better quality app,
3) better for games
4) Ecosystem, if you have Apple Watch, MacBook, iPad, AirPods all work together perfectly
5) less viruses, more safe.
6) better resale value. Can resale on eBay for higher price
7) 5 or 6 years of updates
8) faster updates.
9) better customer support
10) can still use google apps and syncing on iOS iPhone. chrome bookmarks, history from windows PC to iOS,
Android to iOS google apps sync so no problem there.

I had an iPhone and have an iPad and I’ve noticed that there are a lot of Google apps ‘missing’ from the App Store that you would get on Android. As for security issues, Samsung and Google phones themselves are probably the most secure.

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m about to make the switch. Don’t know why, but I think I’m bored of iOS. Yes “it just works” but I’m starting to feel it’s a bit too clinical.

So the XS Max and Series 4 Watch are probably going to be swapped for the S10 and galaxy watch. I won’t be leaving my iPad just yet, got plenty of iTunes purchases that I’m not willing to lose and I use a MacBook Pro for work.

Fortunately the resale of the XS Max practically funds the S10 outright. Looking forward to returning to Android.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I’m about to make the switch. Don’t know why, but I think I’m bored of iOS. Yes “it just works” but I’m starting to feel it’s a bit too clinical.

So the XS Max and Series 4 Watch are probably going to be swapped for the S10 and galaxy watch. I won’t be leaving my iPad just yet, got plenty of iTunes purchases that I’m not willing to lose and I use a MacBook Pro for work.

Fortunately the resale of the XS Max practically funds the S10 outright. Looking forward to returning to Android.

Yup, exactly my feeling too, I really do love the XS Max, but I am so bored of iOS. And when you have tasted Android and the ability to customize it to your hearts content, it is hard to go back. Especially if you are a bit a geek, which I am :).

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the exact same boat. Have the XS Max 512gb For me, it's about me feeling that Android, as an OS, is mature enough (probably has been for the last few years) to be just as reliable as iOS. My biggest worries are 1. changing my workflows around Android & 2. All the content that I have in iTunes (which is what has kept me on iOS for this long).
Like you, I have an iPad, Macbook Pro, & iMac -- so that will mitigate most of the transition pain.
If you don't mind me asking, what service are you using to sell your phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred