help!!! my phone keeps saying no service!!

miabella923

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My gf recently gave me her galaxy s2 the phone was working fine when she had it except the charging port wasnt working so she had it fixed. Now it keeps saying theres no service...theres no bars and a circle at the top with a line thru it.There was data the other day for a little while but its not working now. Boost mobile has updated everything and reset it.whats wrong with it??:(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your SIM card work with another phone? If it does, then it's something in the phone.

If you think it's something wrong with the phone, try to go into Settings, About Device, Status. Does it show the right IMEI? If it doesn't, it's not good. It means that somehow it lost that data (this happened to my old Galaxy SII after I dropped it... it turned into a nice iPod). In my case, Samsung wanted to replace the motherboard to repair it. Needless to say it was better to just get a new phone since I had my upgrade coming.

Does WiFi work? If it doesn't, then the whole radio part of your phone is probably fried. That means replacement is needed. :(

Lucy O Shea

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My gf recently gave me her galaxy s2 the phone was working fine when she had it except the charging port wasnt working so she had it fixed. Now it keeps saying theres no service...theres no bars and a circle at the top with a line thru it.There was data the other day for a little while but its not working now. Boost mobile has updated everything and reset it.whats wrong with it??:(

Last edited:

antoine1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
i change the SD card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 and now when I turn on my phone at the bottom of the screen no service auto sync out of date and time what does this mean ?