Help needed. Might want to get some rootn' here.

Kollossal

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I was just doing my stuff few days ago when I clicked on a email notification without looking at the sender, and I suspect it contained some virus? or something.
From that day when I run 'OS monitor' app I can see multiple instances of LTE VT, which turned out to be LTE video-call processes.
Screenshot_2013-12-20-13-59-12.png
What's worse is that I have LTE VT with an open network connection on Connection tab of OS monitor
(To test out, I turned wifi and 3G/LTE, looked at the connections tab and saw 2-4 processes which are system ones, and that sneaky LTE VT on Close_Wait, with nothing else on screen.)
Screenshot_2013-12-20-13-59-18.png

So here are my questions:
1. How do I eradicate this sneaky app?
If no then,

2. Anyway to disable/block the LTE video calling service?
If no even to this one then,

3. Where can I find a good resource on rooting my phone, which has following specs:
Screenshot_2013-12-20-13-56-20.png
Everything I found were old threads. Or am I wrong?
Or am I being some freak worrying about some non-matter matter?

Kollossal

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I really need help! Now I look more closely I think I am affected by something called fork bomb!
Now I rebooted my android and it has multiple instances of "Input devices" process this time, all of them being zombie processes.
How can i remove this zombie processes and prevent them from running? They got open connection to network so I am really worried!
Anyone got any ideas? I'm noob at linux stuff!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you run a scan of your device? It may not come up with anything, but it is worth a shot. I think the LTE stuff is supposed to be there, the fork bomb isn't, but where do you see it?
Another thing to try is a factory reset.

Kollossal

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Its kinda dead now, after that I did not connected it to network for 2 days, deleted the mail app that i used to open that e mail guess that code was lurking in that email app?
Scans turned negative, tried with Trustgo and built in v3 mobile 2 standard.
The processes which had multiple instances had "sh" as their name before they turned into another process names(LTE VT and Input devices. Disguise?)
Im kinda thinking about factory reset, but it's last on my list.

Kollossal

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
is every android have some "sh" zombie processes? and do they sometimes have a established network connection?
Did the factory reset and my phone is still infected with tons of zombies.
gonna give up now. too noob to mess with android and linux system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez