I'm sorry, but I'm just lost...

EarthRyno

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
What carrier is the Galaxy S2 coming to in the USA? I've been looking around and can't find a definite answer. I've seen T-Mobile and At&t getting the nod, but neither seems to be for sure? I'm with At&t right now and would like to stay with them, so I'm really hoping this beauty comes to At&t.

Any help?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No one knows, speculation is that it might just hit all the carriers again, I believe the GSM carriers will be the first to hold it ( AT&T and T-Mobile) the first Galaxy S was first released first on T-Mobile so it can be possible they get it first again.

Sent from my Xoom

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope it comes to sprint, cause it is between this and the EVO 3D as my next phone and I really want this one as it's specs have me drooling.... Samsung being slow to update doesn't really bother me that much since I rooted my EVO and I will most likely root my next device...

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
No one knows, speculation is that it might just hit all the carriers again, I believe the GSM carriers will be the first to hold it ( AT&T and T-Mobile) the first Galaxy S was first released first on T-Mobile so it can be possible they get it first again.

Sent from my Xoom

My gut feeling is that you're right, although the fact that the Sensation and other high-end phones will be appearing on T-Mo mid year may mean that AT&T could sneak in and be the first US carrier offering it.

Dark horse: given the delays with the Bionic and rumors about a significant problem between the Tegra 2 SoC and the LTE network, it's just possible that the GS2 with an Exynos SoC could be brought in early by VzW to close the big hole in their high-end product line before too much damage is done.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Dark horse: given the delays with the Bionic and rumors about a significant problem between the Tegra 2 SoC and the LTE network, it's just possible that the GS2 with an Exynos SoC could be brought in early by VzW to close the big hole in their high-end product line before too much damage is done.

It would take time to change the radio and software over to CDMA though (this is probably why Sprint and Verizon got the Galaxy S1 after T-Mobile and AT&T). Plus Verizon has the Charge coming soon.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't expect to see the GS2 on any US carrier before August, by which time the Charge will be all but forgotten.

No doubt Samsung already has CDMA radios engineered for the GS2 for the Korea market, so wouldn't be rocket science to produce them for VzW or Sprint. The big question would be how quickly they can integrate an LTE radio. Hard to say whether their work with LTE on the Charge and their hotspot product gives them a leg up (or how much of one).

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
From what I recall the Galaxy S II has already hit the FCC with an AT&T frequency I think so that might be an indicator of who gets it first, but it's by no means certain.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
True, since the elapsed time between FCC appearance and availability has shrunk to 2 weeks in some cases. That leave several months until we're likely to see this device in the US, within which time anything can happen.

aDroidtoRemember

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
True, since the elapsed time between FCC appearance and availability has shrunk to 2 weeks in some cases. That leave several months until we're likely to see this device in the US, within which time anything can happen.

Take it for what it's worth but I was told by a store manager of two At&t stores that it'll be out in May for att. He even had the name of it, what they changed it to( i forget it though)....

*He was in my work..I wasn't at an Att store so no reason to lie to get a sale or something

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Take it for what it's worth but I was told by a store manager of two At&t stores that it'll be out in May for att. He even had the name of it, what they changed it to( i forget it though)....

*He was in my work..I wasn't at an Att store so no reason to lie to get a sale or something

Are you absolutely sure he was referring to the Galaxy S II??

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
While a Samsung official earlier implied strongly that the US carriers would not be releasing the GS2 for several months, I can see where AT&T might be interested enough in laying one on VzW -- which doesn't have a competing phone on the market -- while they have the chance by bringing it out early.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think this delay is just a sign that the carriers are modifying the s2 to their liking and changing the physical appearance of the phone, as well as putting on bloatware and yada yada

bumpysig

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

My guess is he was referring to the Infuse 4G. A slight upgrade to the Captivate but certainly no Galaxy S 2.

aDroidtoRemember

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you absolutely sure he was referring to the Galaxy S II??

I asked him multiple times...wait the Galaxy S2 right? Because he was referring to it as whatever At&t is going to call it. And he wasn't an idiot, before we were discussing the problems that tegra 2 was possibly having with the lte radio and which he thought was better the omap 4 or tegra 2. So I want to believe him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress