Acase review?

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have the acase for the galaxy s3? And does it make it too bulky I was staying away from the Otterbox cuz I heard the buttons were a pain to press. I have a gel case now but I'm just afraid of dropping such an expensive phone I want to be sure it's protected. Here is the link I was looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008DKC2UU/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1343250786&sr=8-2

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I oddly have one too. shipping mistake...

It's not extremely bulky. Just a little extra. It protrudes onto the screen a little more than others if that matters to you. someone posted pics of it in a thread i created.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
the case mate does look pretty nice and if it protects and slips in pockets easy that's a win. Gotta decide over the 2 wish the case mate had a white but black isn't bad.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The white acase is very similar to a egg shell in both texture and appearance. it's interesting. I personally like cases with more grip texture on the sides since I have smaller hands though.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Acase today. It's a nice case that doesn't add too much bulk. The only problem is that the back is too slippery for me. It is similar in texture to the Seidio hard cases but not as grippy. If the back and sides had some texture it would be a perfect case. As it is I'll probably return it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Acase and really like it. But it does add a little bulk to the phone. I personally like the feel of the case. I bought it on Amazon when it was $6.05. Not sure what the price is now. But if you want to protect your phone without paying the high price for Otterbox or Seidio, than try the Acase.

t35rk

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Overall I am happy with mine. The front lip is rubbery and doesn't slip in and out of a pocket easily

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get the Acase?!?! Post your thoughts here!! This case is getting RAVE REVIEWS on amazon!!!

Quick story......was at the gym last night on the elyptical machine at the end of my training. Had my phone of the little lip on the front of the machine where all the lights and buttons are. I accidentally swung my hand/arm on the cable and LAUNCHED my phone into the other machines!! It was like the game PLINKO on price is right, lol!! Picked up my phone and all is well.....*pheww*....lol!! This Acase is rock solid!!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting..looks like the inner layer looks like the silicone outer layer of the Defender and the outer layer of the Commuter. I am guessing that it does not come with a screen protector.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Received my case today! Took 3 days to ship from amazon very fast shipping :) but I highly recommend this case! It doesn't make it bulky it actually makes it the perfect size feels so good to hold! Slides in and out of pockets easily and has a nice grip to hold. Took like 30 seconds to install and fits like a glove :D I am so picky with cases but this is by far the best case I have owned u couldn't be more satisfied! I did drop it a couple times on my hard food floor and from a good distance not a spec on the case or phone so it's super durable. If your thinking about getting this I say go for it! Oh and I have the white s3 and got the black and white case it looks awesome!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central ForumsForums

AceTrader

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone using Acase superleggera case or any similar dual layered case suggest which screen protector to use with it?
If I go for a full screen protector like Steinheil Curved Crystal, will the case cause the protector to peel away from the edges?

Last edited:

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I was also thinking about getting the curved crystal I have a spigen ultra clear on now but it's getting a little scratched and dirty wondering how the curved one would look with the acase on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums