Galaxy S3: Aluminium case affecting signal and battery

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So recently i purchased an aluminium case off eBay for my international S3, installed, looks stylish as f**k, problem is, I noticed that my Wi-Fi signal is now lower, and unfortunately I am sure it's the cases' fault cause I tried taking it on and off and checking the signal, now, this is an issue I could live by, altough, recently I have noticed my battery drains much faster, could the case be affecting the battery life? Mind you, to fit the case I had to take off the back cover off the phone, I took some quick shots of the cover with my laptop so you can see.

WIN_20140321_140424.JPG

WIN_20140321_140411.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Aluminium case affecting signal and battery

The aluminum case affects the signal, and weaker signal negatively impacts battery life. So yes an aluminum case could affect battery life. If the radios are turned off (airplane mode, no wifi or anything ), then it should not affect battery life

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Aluminium case affecting signal and battery

I also had a bad experience with an aluminium case once, never purchased one again. I was glad that the Spigen Neo Hybrid (outer ring) was NOT made of aluminium, because it effects signal. I have the Neo on my Note3 and 5s...no problems with signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez