I miss my Android. My poor Galaxy is being repaired...

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
*cries*

My Galaxy S on Halloween got the dreaded "unable to mount internal SD card" error. I was able to get the drive to remount but I knew it was probably a matter of time until the SD card went. There is a known issue with some of them. And tonight, it froze. I did the 3 button recovery, and black screen. After an hour of fighting with it I was able to boot it but the SD card would not mount. I couldn't get it to plug into the computer to get it even able to use Odin. Nothing. Poof. It wasn't even rooted, for crying out loud! And I know the lagfix can bring on the error, but I tried the lagfix for a week and took it off, a month ago.

Took it in, and it's on it's way to Samsung Canada Repair. Should be 2 weeks. And I had to reactivate my *gulp* Blackberry Curve 8330.

Holy crap - its slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. And I dont have data yet because it was after hours to get the plan swapped. It took 7 minutes to boot.

ACK.

It's painful. I've been so spoiled by the gorgeousness of the screen on the Galaxy and the speed...

I miss my phone.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's tough - going from Galaxy S to 8330. Well at least you have a backup phone and don't have to buy a temporary one. Looks like you'll be playing Brick Breaker for a couple of weeks :(

SomEngangVar

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Dude, that sounds like a nightmare to me. My old phone was an 8330 struggling to run 5.0 and I've already had that happen once. I tried flashing JM8 and everything was running fine and then I my phone froze and started lagging, reboot, cannot mount internal sd. Good news is that I was with Best Buy so after they got new phones in(two weeks later) I was able to just go in and grab a new one... even though it took a half an hour to grab it after waiting forever for someone to help me.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, after 2 days of speaking with someone in client relations at Bell corporate, I have a Desire Z in my hands.

I will still get to keep my SGS when it comes back, and it may become my daily driver again, it will depend on how much I love the DZ. So far, I love it. And Froyo rocks.

I couldn't take one more minute on the 8330. It was awful.

Bell had extended the DOA timeframe on the SGS from 15 to 30 to 60 days, and I missed the 60 day window by a week, so it had to be sent away :-(

I miss that screen, let me tell you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana