Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen not working?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why my Samsung galaxy s3 screen dont work

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that the display works, but the screen doesn't? Do you mean the screen is blank, but the backlight is on? Or that the screen is blank, but can still register touches?

Were there any recent drops, trauma or water exposure? This kind of thing is usually due to a hardware failure of the screen.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Try biting into recovery. And clear the cache.

If that don't work. Do a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi again--you didn't answer any of my previous questions. It might help us narrow the problem down.

bleyferr

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that the display works, but the screen doesn't? Do you mean the screen is blank, but the backlight is on? Or that the screen is blank, but can still register touches?

Were there any recent drops, trauma or water exposure? This kind of thing is usually due to a hardware failure of the screen.

its freezing thats all

Hillary23

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy gt-i9060 screen not working?

i have a Samsung phone and yesterday when I was on the internet using wifi the touch screen became unresponsive.
I switched off the phone and turned it on after sometime. I pressed volume+ then middle button and the power button. after this I erased the phone and lost all my data. when I turned it back on, it is still not working.

I can see the menu and everything else even when some one would call me but no response from touch screen.

Hillary23

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why isn't my Samsung Galaxy gt-i9060 screen not working?

is there some one who can please help me. my phone model is Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 Duos

kar3893184

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung III fell into the sink and was retrieved immediately. Phone charges and hear message notifications and phone rings, however, since the screen seems to have a damaged screen sensor we cannot swipe to unlock and answer phone or retrieve messaging. Just happened last night. Removed battery to dry out phone and battery, then recharged. Do you think time will help sensor or do I need a new one?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty