Google Now - Does yours talk?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does your Google Now talk? When I see videos... Google Now talks to you like Siri or S-voice. Google Now seems to tall for the Americans... but mine has never talked.

Does yours talk? Is there some setting I have to change?

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine's mute as well... There is a thread saying that if you change your settings to US it speaks but I have not been able to get it to speak.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does your Google Now talk? When I see videos... Google Now talks to you like Siri or S-voice. Google Now seems to tall for the Americans... but mine has never talked.

Update your GOOGLE SEARCH from the play store. Even if you have auto updates on it won't update. You have to do it manually.
Mine does speak but only for certain things...If I ask what the weather is like it speaks. If I ask it to navigate to such and such, it will say
"Navigating to..."
Is that what you mean? Or do you mean full blown talking like Siri?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Not at first, but after I set my preference language to US English, it talks back to me. Download the app called Locale Setting and change the preference to US English.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not at first, but after I set my preference language to US English, it talks back to me. Download the app called Locale Setting and change the preference to US English.

That worked! Thanks a lot... now I have a new digital friend... lol

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm can't get mine to talk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
If you already have set your phone's defaults to US-English using either the Locale Setting app or some other way, check if your media volume is not in mute.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Its talking I guess I just wasn't asking it the right questions

Tip for those is just ask Google what time is it and it should speak to you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Something I really missed was the British voice from Google Navigation. Now that I downloaded Locale Setting and switched it to "English - UK", he's back!

Thanks for the tip!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non