GS3 Will no longer connect to any computer

VEX_JB

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I know this topic has been posted a million times on here, i searched and went through a ton of threads, tried many things, and still have not found a solution to this problem.

I have a GS3 16GB running on 4.1.2 software. My phone was originally a Telus phone, and I had it unlocked since I use Rogers. BEFORE it was unlocked (right after unboxing), I remember specifically connecting it to my Mac Mini at work, and it working perfectly with Android file transfer. I then had it unlocked, and loaded up an SD card with music from my PC at home and used the phone.

I have now installed the Kies software at home on my PC, and tried to connect...it didn't allow me to connect. I tried putting the phone in download mode to load the drivers onto my PC (which it did, all installed properly now) and it still doesn't work. It keeps saying "connecting" on the Kies software and doesn't actually load. I tried again at work on my Mac, doesn't work either....

I decided to try and connect my girlfriends GS3 to the computer using the same cable that I used.... her's works. Same version of software and of course, same cable. The ONLY difference is, her phone is a Rogers phone and not a Telus phone unlocked to Rogers. Would unlocking the phone cause this issue?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I know this topic has been posted a million times on here, i searched and went through a ton of threads, tried many things, and still have not found a solution to this problem.

I have a GS3 16GB running on 4.1.2 software. My phone was originally a Telus phone, and I had it unlocked since I use Rogers. BEFORE it was unlocked (right after unboxing), I remember specifically connecting it to my Mac Mini at work, and it working perfectly with Android file transfer. I then had it unlocked, and loaded up an SD card with music from my PC at home and used the phone.

I have now installed the Kies software at home on my PC, and tried to connect...it didn't allow me to connect. I tried putting the phone in download mode to load the drivers onto my PC (which it did, all installed properly now) and it still doesn't work. It keeps saying "connecting" on the Kies software and doesn't actually load. I tried again at work on my Mac, doesn't work either....

I decided to try and connect my girlfriends GS3 to the computer using the same cable that I used.... her's works. Same version of software and of course, same cable. The ONLY difference is, her phone is a Rogers phone and not a Telus phone unlocked to Rogers. Would unlocking the phone cause this issue?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums!
I have not switched carriers, so I am not exactly sure. If I had to guess, I would say it sounds like it. Each carrier has a different ROM for each phone. Stupid, I know. It may be that Kies is reading the model belonging to one carrier and seeing a ROM belonging to another and is confused. I don't know of anything to suggest either. Samsung likes Windows, have you tried connecting to a Windows PC to see if it works that way, without Kies?

VEX_JB

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Yes I have, I tried to connect it to both a Mac and PC, PC using Kies, Mac using Android File Transfer.

Not sure what to do either...

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What is the reason you want to connect to Kies? Is there something specific you are trying to accomplish? I have never seen a need to use Kies, I connect my phone to it once to see what it could do and have not found anything that I couldn't do using another avenue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty