S3 Mini problems...

Dara McCormack

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update a few months back I've found that the drop-down menu bar at the top of the screen regularly freezes up and won't drop down...a reboot solves this but its a bit of a pain in the face!! I have the odd freezing issue now and again but nothing major, there's a fair bit of stuff on the phone, but this drop down menu one has been ongoing and only since the update.

Also I have an external memory card on which I used to be able to store all photos on automatically, however one day for some reason I got a message saying that the photos cannot be stored on external memory, again I rebooted, checked and changed all the settings etc. but still doesn't do it...not sure why?!! I don't see a way to transfer files from the internal to external storage?

I have factory reset the phone since both these faults appeared and occurred and they are still keep cropping up. Any ideas?!

OS is android 4.1.2

Thanks,
Dara

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since the last update a few months back I've found that the drop-down menu bar at the top of the screen regularly freezes up and won't drop down...a reboot solves this but its a bit of a pain in the face!! I have the odd freezing issue now and again but nothing major, there's a fair bit of stuff on the phone, but this drop down menu one has been ongoing and only since the update.

Also I have an external memory card on which I used to be able to store all photos on automatically, however one day for some reason I got a message saying that the photos cannot be stored on external memory, again I rebooted, checked and changed all the settings etc. but still doesn't do it...not sure why?!! I don't see a way to transfer files from the internal to external storage?

I have factory reset the phone since both these faults appeared and occurred and they are still keep cropping up. Any ideas?!

OS is android 4.1.2

Thanks,
Dara

Welcome to the forums!
You can try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. I don't know if the method I will provide will work, but you can give it a try. Here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Igor Kontorovich

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Alias, my s3mini gets stuck at least twice a day now. I have noticed that every time after the restart I get notifications about program updates from Play store. Can these things be related?
What do you think?

Dara McCormack

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies!

I did the reboot and cleared the cache just last night, hopefully that will work. Although I did a factory reset previously and still have the same problem, really only is since the update to the current software version.

I did however sort out my SD card issue! I shutdown, pulled out the card popped it in again, had a few issues with it initially, messages telling me the SD card was blank or had unsupported something (files on it I presume as I couldn't read the message in the drop-down menu!!) anyway after 2 or 3 reboots it started to work again so one problem solved!

Igor as far as I can see you need to regularly clear the cache and tidy up old texts etc. to keep these phones running...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies!

I did the reboot and cleared the cache just last night, hopefully that will work. Although I did a factory reset previously and still have the same problem, really only is since the update to the current software version.

I did however sort out my SD card issue! I shutdown, pulled out the card popped it in again, had a few issues with it initially, messages telling me the SD card was blank or had unsupported something (files on it I presume as I couldn't read the message in the drop-down menu!!) anyway after 2 or 3 reboots it started to work again so one problem solved!

Igor as far as I can see you need to regularly clear the cache and tidy up old texts etc. to keep these phones running...

Good to know. Thanks for posting what fixed your problem. Let us know if the cache clear worked, too.

talha Farooq

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
When I open my s voice in s3 mini and speak any command it says ''no network connection connect and tyr again" although I am connected to Internet
Please help me
THANKS

MancevaSanja

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
hi guys please help me. I have problem with touch wiz. Maybe every day my phone start to blink several times and then it blocked and said touch wiz isn't responding ??? please help

Calvin Reabow

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My samsung galaxy s3 mini is almost a year old now, but recently has started to turn off randomly and instantly turn back on but with like 1% battery life eg: it will be 80% battery life but then will all of a sudden turn of and turn back on with 2%, but when you turn it off and charge it, it has 80% still. What do you suggest is wrong?

mark_lennon

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
hi, will you please help me with my problem with my samsung galaxy s3 mini? when i go to hard reset ( pressing VOLUME UP + HOME KEY + POWER BUTTON ) it only stay with the logo and nothing more... i reprogrammed it many times in ODIN mode and it said passed but still the same case happened... please help me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress