Facebook Messenger lag when loading past photos

OkAndroid

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
When browsing a messenger group chat and scrolling past photos my phone tends to drop frames, down to probably around 20-30hz. Also when scrolling past those photos and down again the app has to load the same photos again which in my opinion should be completely unnecessary?

Does anyone know a fix to this? It's really frustrating. I have tried to clear the cache and restart my phone but with no avail.

Thanks in advance.

OkAndroid

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Try resetting that app by clearing its data and force stop it.
Thank you for the kind welcome! This didn't work sadly, I had already tried to do a reinstall as well. It's just so weird since I haven't heard anyone else with the same problem. I also have a kind of stutter when scrolling Reddit and some other apps...

OkAndroid

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, anything from Facebook as literal trash lol. You could try clearing the cache... but that won't change the root problem which is that anything from Facebook is trash!
Didn't work... but it seems like this a problem which only includes a handful of people, others using Messenger has no problems... frustrating. It seems to only happen when two or more photos are sent in a group, when viewing those photos it also crashes my internet browser (I went to try out what @mustang7757 said, and after having viewed the photos which I posted in this thread, my browser had to reload...)

It's sad since the S23 Ultra is supposed to be such a good phone, but without well optimized apps it does not feel like it :/

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work... but it seems like this a problem which only includes a handful of people, others using Messenger has no problems... frustrating. It seems to only happen when two or more photos are sent in a group, when viewing those photos it also crashes my internet browser (I went to try out what @mustang7757 said, and after having viewed the photos which I posted in this thread, my browser had to reload...)

It's sad since the S23 Ultra is supposed to be such a good phone, but without well optimized apps it does not feel like it :/
I have similar issues. They'll be there in one version then gone in an update and then back in the next update. It's just badly coded always has been an always will be.

you could always try uninstalling it and installing the light version

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Try Facebook lite for messenger